• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Recommend a Gunsmith

Re: Recommend a Gunsmith

Give Geoff Corn a call. He does work for me, 7mmRm on here and others and does real quality work and his turn around time is really good. Ill send you his info via PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: darrenk75b</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jon Beanland. </div></div>

+1

his # 580-471-3380

Try Chad Dixon at Long Rifles Inc. If you already have the barrel then it should be a couple of weeks I would guess. If you have to order it could be a long wait on the barrel.

Here is his contact info:

Chad Dixon
Owner, Gunmaker
LongRifles, Inc.
3570 Mayer Suite "B"
Sturgis, SD 57785
www.longriflesinc.com
[email protected]

I have a 6.5mm Rock Creek barrel 1:8 TW, Badger Ordnance FTE brake and AICS. The barrel and AICS was originally for a custom build and I got those parts. I have done business with one gunsmith for over six years. He built a custom .308 for me last year and I picked it up in July. At the same time I gave him $2700.00 for parts on a 6.5x47 Lapua custom build. Well I checked with him today and he didn't have a single part yet, except for the barrel and AICS which I provided. He sat on my money for all this time so I pulled out of the build. Knowing how long it takes for a custom build I've opted for a re-barrel/re-chamber on my spare .308.

talk to scott at rsecustomguns his work is second to none and his turn around time is fast...

Greg,

Have you talked to Earl Hickman? He got my Blackout build done in a reasonable amount of time and except for the scope base gorilla-torque fiasco, he did a very good job on it. BTW he didn't try to charge me for correcting it <G>.

He does have a lot of work in his shop but if you keep in contact with him he'll get it done.

-Sam

You might try Colorado School of Trades. They are just up the road from you in Lakewood. They do a great job at a very reasonable price.

Rocky Mountain Rifle Works LLC
931 Stone Canyon Road
Longmont, CO 80503-7303 map

Phone:
(303) 823-6270

Mark Chanlynn Makes his own barrels as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DrDazed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rocky Mountain Rifle Works LLC
931 Stone Canyon Road
Longmont, CO 80503-7303 map

Phone:
(303) 823-6270

Mark Chanlynn Makes his own barrels as well. </div></div>

+10000000. . .

Mark is awesome. Best barrel maker in the world IMHO.

Some Colorado Gunsmiths.
Chris Hofmeister in Trinidad ( He teaches at the gunsmithing school some also.)
www.hofmeistercustomshop.com

Clark Fay in Raton ( His wife Trudie is a world class Palma shooter and has won many trophies with Clark's rifles.)
www.clarksrifles.com

Greg Tannel in Rifle ( Has a line of gunsmithing tools that he sells to many gunsmiths for percision chambering.)
www.gretanrifles.com

TJs does some nice work.
www.tjsgunsmithing.net

You could always take a class at Trinidad Gunsmithing school. They do alot of 4 day courses for $325. I think Speedy Gonzales is running it now.
www.nragunsmithing.com

Jon Beanland in Oklahoma is also a great choice as mentioned above. I know he is shooting the 6.5 x 47 and he wins quite a few matches. [email protected]

There are quite a few good smiths out there. As you have found the problem is finding one that is not too backed up and can get to your project in a reasonable time. Good Luck.

Mark Gordon at Short Action Customs or William Roscoe at LA Precision would be my first choice of the many greats here on the Hide. Both of these guys are at the top of their game, and treat their customers very well. Good luck.

Gradous is great, but he is getting a little pricy in my opinion, but quality is first class and well worth it.

ScoreHigh Gun Smithing in Albuquerque. Charlie has done some rifles that repeatedly place in the top 10 of major matches, and a National champ in Fclass open last year. Good turn around time as well.

Tag. Good info guys. I have a SS Bartlein blank in hand I need chambered and cut/crowned and Cerakoted. I also want a DBM installed. Was thinking of waiting until this winter, as I didn't know how long it would take for this type of work. I can ice climb while I wait.
smile.gif

gvanhyning, what smith did you end up choosing? I'm still looking...prefer local (CO) but willing to ship to a good/reputable smith too. Thanks.

Were setup for a 14 day turnaround now provided we have the tool on the shelf.

Pics speak louder than marketing fluff so here's some sample photos.

Best of luck and SF

C.

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_00842.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0087-1.jpg

Chad Dixon has my 6.5x47l rite now his customer service has been top notch. i highly recommend him

Call Greg Tannel. You will never hear a bad thing about him. Plus you can support a local CO businessman.

Dan Dowling is in CO. He builds some record setting rifles. Jon Beanland isn't too far off and is truly the best smith I've ever worked with for quality of work and communication.

HT Customs is right in the Springs, he rebarreled my rifle by appointment and was done in a few hours.

Rich

Vestal`s Gunsmithing
1077W Main St
Abingdon,Va 24210
276-628-9680
Build Custom Rifles & Repairs