• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Recommend an LPMR (low profile mission recorder)

Jim Out

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2020
Tucson
It looks like the two styles of LPMRs seem to mount to the NV device using the same ring mount, that appears to be where the similarities end.

The Because Operator (BO) looks through the device and the Brain Exploder (BE) uses a mirror.

I'd like to have something that can easily swap between thermal and PVS, both appear to do that.

Weight on the Because Operator (BO) is 1.25oz

Weight specs for Brain Exploder (BE) entire system is only 78g (2.6oz) camera, battery, SD, lens, hardware and mount (weight for just the camera not published).

Because Operator (BO) 1920 x 1080 (1080p) 30fps

Brain Exploder (BE) 1080p 60fps (based on the RunCam2)

The BE unit can focus the lens, I see no provision to focus the BO camera.

Is one system better for thermal?

I would think the fixed distance to the screen in a thermal would eliminate the need for a focus-able lens?

Are their other systems out there?

It's Easy To Record Night Vision (Night Vision Recorder from BrainExploderMerch.com)​

Watch on YouTube

I have two of these.... save the cash for more ammo. for $100 a pop you can't beat em. you're welcome.

Thank you!

That sure seems to eliminate the 30fps Because Operator, what's it like looking over/around the lens?

That was the most objectionable part of the BO.

So is "LPMR-T" actually a thing or just marketing fecum bovis?

Also I'm reading "30fps" "60fps" "4k" and "1080p", these terms all have defined meanings outside the alternate reality of "night vision clown world", can anybody tell me what is actually for sale?

I can hang a cmos from a plastic clip along with the best of them, what matters is the quality of the sensor.

You can't beat a built solution for $100, but 30fps 1080p is not exactly high quality in 2021.

BCO has taken the popular LPMR night vision camera and optimized it for use with thermal devices that utilize the PVS-14 eyepiece. The HALO and Trijicon line of thermals utilize this eye-piece and also suffer from degraded video quality via video out to DVR. The LPMR-T records right of the screen in crystal clear 60 FPS 1920x1080 HD.. Weighs 1.4 ounces and attaches to eye-piece accessory ring. They have designed a new lock ring channel to allow you to lock down the device with a zip-tie or o ring

optimized it for use with thermal devices that utilize the PVS-14 eyepiece. The HALO and Trijicon line of thermals utilize this eye-piece and also suffer from degraded video quality via video out to DVR.

The LPMR-T records right of the screen in crystal clear 60 FPS 1920x1080 HD.. Weighs 1.4 ounces and attaches to eye-piece accessory ring.

They have designed a new lock ring channel to allow you to lock down the device with a zip-tie or o ring

4v103c.jpg

Howdy, what questions can I answer for you? The LPMR-T was discontinued because the 3d printed material does not play nicely with guys leaving it on their scope and throwing it in the back of the Polaris or truck. We got tired of having to replace broken units for the same guys over and over. Additionally, the post processing and editing (cropping) was a bit much for the end user on the thermal. If someone insists on doing it we can change the cmos settings on one of the pvs14 lpmrs to make it work the same.

I am one of the owners at BCO. The big difference in our unit is the cmos. We use an expensive name brand sensor and you can really see the difference. Easily can change it to 60 fps or even 4k but 1920x1080 30fps is generally the best user experience for wp night vision.

Howdy, what questions can I answer for you? The LPMR-T was discontinued because the 3d printed material does not play nicely with guys leaving it on their scope and throwing it in the back of the Polaris or truck. We got tired of having to replace broken units for the same guys over and over. Additionally, the post processing and editing (cropping) was a bit much for the end user on the thermal. If someone insists on doing it we can change the cmos settings on one of the pvs14 lpmrs to make it work the same.

I am one of the owners at BCO. The big difference in our unit is the cmos. We use an expensive name brand sensor and you can really see the difference. Easily can change it to 60 fps or even 4k but 1920x1080 30fps is generally the best user experience for wp night vision.
You are the perfect person to ask, then -- the NVG ones are never in stock anywhere. Will this change at all?

Reactions: Jim Out
Thank you!

That sure seems to eliminate the 30fps Because Operator, what's it like looking over/around the lens?

That was the most objectionable part of the BO.
I use the ANVRS MK3 with our bridged PVS14s and I just leave it attached all the time. There's some slight shadowing where the camera is but it's really not bad at all. It doesn't bother me at all since the shadowing isn't too bad and it's so lightweight. I shoot passive with it without any problems. Some people use it upside down so it'd be less obtrusive and then flip the video in post.

Here's a video I took shooting a 2/3 IPSC at 100y with a Glock 17/Holosun 407c/Surefire X300V:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1jh6gn0lamyw0od/g17 h407cv2 x300v 23ipsc 100y with gear.avi?dl=0

As you can see, the video quality isn't amazing or anything but it gets the job done. The bottom of the FOV also gets cut off. My main complaint about the ANVRS is that since it's basically a cheap "spy camera" with a 3D-printed attachment held onto the ocular with a ranger band, it's somewhat easy to get knocked off or moved around which can ruin the video if you're not careful. Other things to look out for is that it takes a few seconds for video to start recording after you turn it on and that you might have to move your NODS a little bit forward to accommodate it, at least I did. All in all though, for the price I think it's great.

Reactions: Jim Out

Thank you for responding.

The hide is shockingly awesome!

I really appreciate your time.

I'd like to know more about the cmos and optomizing for thermals, atm I am so conflicted.......

....fresh mossaka coming out of the oven, battery charged for the NOx, I think I'm going to go play in the rain.

That begs the question, how waterproof, or here in AZ maybe dustproof is a better question, are the recording units?

If I'm alone or leading the line the dust is moderate, but if I'm following a few other rigs it's a sandstorm.

Is 60fps 4k not better for recording, I can always turn it down for size considerations, but I can't turn it up for better clarity.

How versatile is the software/firmware for the end user?