• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommend binoculars with mil reticle?

BaileyMoto

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2010
Basra, Iraq.
www.mk12.net
Looking for a decent set of binoculars with a mil reticle for spotter use a well as target use. I'd like something with enough power and clarity to see holes at 200 yards, as well as hits on white steel to at least 600 yards.

Any suggestions?

EDIT - I can get the Leupold Mark 4 10x40 with TMR for relatively cheap. Think this may be a good choice?

Re: Recommend binoculars with mil reticle?

I've got a set of the old version of the Steiner navigators. They are the non-compact 7x50s, blue armor with reticle and compass. I can tell you that in the old version the compass was crap, but I got them as rebuilts and cheap.

They are the best binos I've ever used. Great low light, no need to focus, but, they don't work to spot holes at 200.

If you want that get a spotter or better yet spend the $$ you'd put into a spotter on a good scope with 20x or better.

A good spotter will cost you a lot. GO over an read the spotter reviews on 6mmbr, and unless you are spotting for someone else I don't think you're going to get as much out of it as you would putting the money into better glass on the rifle.

+1 on steiner. I hear leupold makes a pair of mil-dot binoculars, but IDK.

Fujinon is currently filling the mill contract ith some 7 power binos.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fujinon is currently filling the mill contract ith some 7 power binos.</div></div>

that would be the M24 binos, I have a pair, and while I like them, they're expensive, and will not allow seeing holes at 200, 100 if your eyes are good

Yes, you are correct on all points "almost". There was a pair for sale in the for sale section for pretty cheap.