• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Recommend me a Gunsmith for Barrel Job and Chambering

riverrat13

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2017
Newbern, TN
Looking for someone to recommend me a gunsmith within 2 or so hours of Charleston, SC. I am not looking for a full build, just installing/chambering the barrel to my action. I would prefer to use someone here locally, but I am new to the area and am looking for recommendations.

I am open to non-local smith recommendations as well...

I've moved to the coast.
We've found a quiet little place called Oriental
It's across the river from Cherry Point Marine air station.
Alligators and ducks in the creek, bear and deer in the yard.
What's not to like.
Am familiar. You make it through Florence ok?

Am familiar. You make it through Florence ok?

Thanks for asking.
7+' of storm surge at the house. Trapped for 4 days by high water. 12" of water in the garage. The Vette was parked in front of the Haas in the shop so it's good. Shingles missing in four places and extensive water damage to the ceiling inside. The house is built high so water only got to within 8" of the duct work. I had a whole house generator and satellite TV during the storm. It's going to be a pain in the ass but we feel very lucky considering the piles of ductwork, flooring and furniture along the roads.
I will say I have not heard one complaint about the disaster response. Heartwarming to see the response.

Thanks for asking.
7+' of storm surge at the house. Trapped for 4 days by high water. 12" of water in the garage. The Vette was parked in front of the Haas in the shop so it's good. Shingles missing in four places and extensive water damage to the ceiling inside. The house is built high so water only got to within 8" of the duct work. I had a whole house generator and satellite TV during the storm. It's going to be a pain in the ass but we feel very lucky considering the piles of ductwork, flooring and furniture along the roads.
I will say I have not heard one complaint about the disaster response. Heartwarming to see the response.
Good to hear. I was in new bern for a few days helping out where I could. The damage was shocking to say the least. I’m in Raleigh and we got really lucky with both storms. In fact I’d say Matthew was worse for us than Flo and it wasn’t even that bad. 30 miles south and it’s a whole different situation.

Seems the OP is very lucky to have so many quality smiths in his local area. Now the hard part is picking one! I with that there were more reputable smiths near RI.