• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommend me some brass for 300 Win Mag

Re: Recommend me some brass for 300 Win Mag

Been using Win brass with decent success.

When I used to load for .300 WM I used WIN and Nosler custom. The latter being weight sorted and more expensive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stinkyDrunk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what's left? </div></div>
Hornady and Norma.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stinkyDrunk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A new rifle is on the way, chambered in 300 Win Mag. I had figured on purchasing a few hundred pieces of Lapua brass but since learned Lapua does not offer it anymore. So what's left?

This thread on longrangehunting.com from last year makes me suspicious of Nosler brass:

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f28/nosler-300-win-mag-brass-very-unimpressed-33899/

Would appreciate any recommendations. </div></div>

F*^K Nosler, don't even waste your time. Of course ChadTRG42 is gonna come along and say it's the shit, but I've had trouble w/ it. 7% failure rate for me and Nosler. Expensive crap. I do have 5 firings on the 93 cases that were usable, but I like Win. It's cheap and of course not flawless, but it's always worked for me. Midway emailed me a couple weeks ago and said they had Lapua .300WM brass in stock. Really doubt it's still there but couldn't hurt to look.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Winchester 69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stinkyDrunk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what's left? </div></div>
Hornady and Norma. </div></div>

Remington. I personally prefer the Win, just because the Remington brass has a slightly loose primer pocker after 3-4 reloads. May be I am just driving them too hot.

So, there you have it. Clear, distinct responses as always come to questions of what is best for _________ !

Meaning, it all works fine.

When I got my 300 Win Mag hunting rifle, I had bought 300 rounds of new brass from Hornady. So far it's doing very well. Not all of it has bee shot 3 times yet.