• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Recommend rings for Savage PC

2brothers641

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 21, 2008
IA, USA
Hey guys, trying to help my bro out with some rings for his new savage pc. He put a egw 20 moa base on it and just received his new vortex viper 6.5x20x44 scope from Doug at camerlandny. Need to find some pretty low rings as the stock cheek weld isn't the highest. I have burris sig zee mediums on the same setup but a remmy, and there is plenty of clearance off the barrel, probably too much for him. So who makes some decent tactical rings that will get the scope mounted low enough?

Re: Recommend rings for Savage PC

I was thinking the same thing on the stock pack. It looks like some ring manufactures have lower rings than others. Thought about tps super lows but they are still really high.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2brothers641</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, trying to help my bro out with some rings for his new savage pc. He put a egw 20 moa base on it and just received his new vortex viper 6.5x20x44 scope from Doug at camerlandny. Need to find some pretty low rings as the stock cheek weld isn't the highest. I have burris sig zee mediums on the same setup but a remmy, and there is plenty of clearance off the barrel, probably too much for him. So who makes some decent tactical rings that will get the scope mounted low enough? </div></div>

I ended up using Leupold Mark 4 Medium height rings for my Savage PC with a Vortex Viper 6-20x50. The height works perfect for me and there is not a whole lot of room between the barrel and scope once you put on a scope cover.... But you have a 44mm objective but I still think lows may be pushing it...

On my Savage 10FPLE, I ran an EGW 25MOA rail and Warne 213M Low split rings, and had some room left over. With the Medium-Heavy contour of the PC, you shouldn't have any problems at all.

DK

Just learned something about tps rings today. They measure their height from the top of the base to CENTER of ring. I think the tsp rings in low or super low is the route he should take. Thanks guys

I have nearly the same setup on my PC. 20moa EGW base, scope is swfa ss10x, Im using Burris XTR low rings. plenty of room, could probly mount a 56mm belled scope on it. Maybe its just the way I shoot but I get a perfectly good cheekweld without raising the comb at all. But the XTR rings are some gripping fools, broke the teeth off a couple torx heads taking them off once. They get my vote.