• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommend your favorite bench rest

Outerspace

Private
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2009
USA
I'm still a fairly new shooter, but am interested in hearing what people like in a benchrest, the woodblocks at the range are starting to feel limiting.

I know about stuff carried by midwayusa, cabelas, etc, but would be interested in cool little custom companies out there and anything unique that may be going on.

Thanks

Re: Recommend your favorite bench rest

You didnt mention if price was a concern but if its not look at a Farley coaxil II

I have had two of them now and love them

Also get a Sinclair's catalog it has a couple of very good options in there. Tha J&J or the Sinclair windage top rest will do the job

Mr. Outerspace

Forgot to mention that any further benchrest talk should be done by PM's or the crowd here will make fun of us

Ck classifieds on 6BR.com

SEB NEO would be sweet

I have a Caldwell Rock BR, I bought it mainly because it was inexpensive and I didn't know any better. In any event, the base is fine, but the top is garbage. It's being replaced with a Shadetree Engineering and Accuracy rest top.

The Joe Cowan rest looks good too and is priced right, but the waiting list extends to April of 2011 at this point.

The new SEB rest looks bad-ass and well thought out too, and should give the Farley a run for its money. Don't know how I feel about the front bag setup though, we'll have to see how it works out.

I have the Sinclair & love it!! It's a heavy SOB and very stable.

+1 on that....and I have the same last name.....how cool is that?

No relation...and thats too bad. I'm probably their best customer.....grin!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 280man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mr. Outerspace

Forgot to mention that any further benchrest talk should be done by PM's or the crowd here will make fun of us </div></div>
I don't care about that, and I am also interested in "high end' ones people may have used.

I like the Accu-Shot Atlas bench-rest:

This:
ATLAS-1.jpg

and this:

Fat-Belly--4968.jpg