• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommendation for padded scope bag/pack

Feniks Technologies

Premium Ammunition and Loading Supplies
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2021
South Texas
Here’s the scenario:

Pelican Air case with trek pak dividers. So I can make compartments for each item, but it won’t have the stability/protection that comes with cut foam.

I’ll be traveling with rifle broken down and the optics removed. So, while the optics will have their own compartments, I need a solution for protection.

Optics:

-ZCO 840 (just under 18” long)
-Kahles DLR (just under 15” long)

I have seen the Larue optic bag and am considering those.

Any other suggestions?

What about a scope cover? The eberlestock scope/crown cover (crown cover can be unsnapped and removed) is padded and can be cinched down around the scope and would take up less room in the case than a scope bag like the LaRue.

I found the eberle to be a bit thicker and larger than the others on the market (except the Air Armor Tech…but that seems a bit too big even though it would definitely get the job done).

I’m looking at the pelican air to do the same thing, so I’m interested to see how you have it setup once done.

What about a scope cover? The eberlestock scope/crown cover (crown cover can be unsnapped and removed) is padded and can be cinched down around the scope and would take up less room in the case than a scope bag like the LaRue.

I found the eberle to be a bit thicker and larger than the others on the market (except the Air Armor Tech…but that seems a bit too big even though it would definitely get the job done).

I’m looking at the pelican air to do the same thing, so I’m interested to see how you have it setup once done.

I’m definitely open to covers or wraps as long as I can completely cover optic what is in the optic mount or rings.

Looking at long camera lens pouches as well.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
It may not be tactical but it may fit a scope well
88D2D69B-3E7B-4C55-B709-6F5DF4666BD2.jpeg