• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Recommendation on rings for my POF with Heritage

Reverend762

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2010
Texas, CS
Hello All,
I have a POF .308 rifle and Premier Heritage 3-15 scope coming in this week. I need recommendations on some good quality 34mm rings that fit the supposedly finicky rail of the POF rifle.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Recommendation on rings for my POF with Heritage

Look into the Larue Tactical 34mm scope mounts. They are adjustable for finicky or out of spec rails.

Re: Recommendation on rings for my POF with Heritage

Thanks for the Larue recommendation.

Is any one familiar with these rings?
mike.jpg

Re: Recommendation on rings for my POF with Herita

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rev762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the Larue recommendation.

Is any one familiar with these rings?</div></div>

I'm pretty sure those are Badger High Alloy 1.275" #1005-306-27

I use them with the same PH 3-15x50 on my Steyr Elite which has a full-length rail. Great rings for this scope on a flattop.

I wouldn't use LaRue rings on a POF unless you need Quick Detach capability. They gouge the rail and don't get alot of contact because POF decided to cut out the spaces between the rails. Also the rails are a little wide.

Standard TPS/Badger Ord type rings work alot better. I use TPS's on my 308 POF and LaRue's on my .223 so I can use NVD.

I just got a set of Seekins rings from Liberty Optics they are the best rings I have ever used I like them better than the LaRues I have. The LaRue rings are nice I just think the Seekins are better and Scott @ liberty is top notch

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got a set of Seekins rings from Liberty Optics they are the best rings I have ever used I like them better than the LaRues I have. The LaRue rings are nice I just think the Seekins are better and Scott @ liberty is top notch </div></div>

Seekins makes great rings, but they won't work in this application. He's wanting to put a 50mm objective (with a 57mm OD) on a flattop and the Seekins 34mm High .97" aren't high enough. That's why I had to go with the 1.275" Badgers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: livetohunt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seekings makes a pair of 1.25 high 34mm rings I have 2 sets. </div></div>

Mmmm, good to know. They don't have them listed on their website, nor does Liberty Optics. Can you point me to a vendor that carries these?

Call and talk to Glenn,he makes them for David Tubbs.No they are not on his website.

If it were mine, I'd go with 1.0" rings and would have the front rail machined for the objective to clear. POF's MRR adds height not present on other flat tops.

Thanks for all the recommendations. I ended up purchasing the Badger High Alloy 1.275

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: livetohunt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Call and talk to Glenn,he makes them for David Tubbs.No they are not on his website. </div></div>

Thanks, I'll have to give Glenn a call if I need another set at this height.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Optimator</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: livetohunt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Call and talk to Glenn,he makes them for David Tubbs.No they are not on his website. </div></div>

Thanks, I'll have to give Glenn a call if I need another set at this height. </div></div>

Glad you got it sorted out. You'll be happy them - they're high quality and do what they need to do; no fuss, no muss.

I have the Larue LT104 QD mount with my Nightforce NXS 3-15x50 on my POF 308 and have no issues mounting it or holding zero. I have taken it off ~ a dozen times and set it back without issue or much scaring to the rail. I guess if you were taking it on and off constantly it may be an issue?