• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Precision Rifle Gear Recommendation please: Triggertech 700 2 Stage vs. 700 Diamond vs. other for general purpose shooting?

Mr. Wolf

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2013
Heartland
What's your trigger recommendation for general purpose shooting on a Bighorn Origin short action?

TT700 goes down to 8oz/8oz. Diamond 4oz/4oz. Something else that's reliable and adjustable?

I'm not a benchrest shooter, more into practical/tactical shooting, hunting, Mammoth type adventures.

TIA.

A TT special would be just fine. Onlydifference between it and the diamond is that it doesn't go to 4oz. The trigger feel is the same.

Reactions: Mr. Wolf
I have two Jewells and just got a TT Diamond for my Bergara 6.5. I like the Jewells for F class and target - TT two stage is really nice for general shooting - crisp break after take up - very little travel after break.

Sounds like the TT 2stage is a solid general shooting trigger group.
Any reliability issues with TT 2stage?
TIA.

My one experience with TT was.... not great. My experience with Timney has been nothing but fantastic, on the other hand. I've got 3 HIT triggers now and can CEs for years with no issues.

My one experience with TT was.... not great. My experience with Timney has been nothing but fantastic, on the other hand. I've got 3 HIT triggers now and can CEs for years with no issues.
Care to share your issues with TT? If better in private, please PM.
Thank you.

I know a lot of guys that love them some timney triggers. The TT are obviously very popular on here, but Timney makes a good trigger. For AR's, Hyperfire is the ideal trigger I think

Care to share your issues with TT? If better in private, please PM.
Thank you.
It was an issue with cocking piece engagement on a Diamond. I even went so far as to send my smith my entire action along with the trigger to make sure it wasn't wear on the cocking piece (that bolt had over 10k rounds on it), etc and he confirmed it was an issue with the trigger. He swapped me out for a couple of HITs and I have been happy ever since.

Now, that said - I am sure mine was a very small minority of triggers with an issue. I'm a sample of one, and don't think it's going to represent the whole, but it is what happened in my case.

Hollywood,
Thanks for that.
I’m more of a DIY when it comes to building guns, but for precision work, it may make sense and save time, money and frustration by having a good gunsmith build it. I’ll do some reading about the HITs.
Cheers

I have several TT special 2 stage triggers and a Super 700 2 stage. Either would be excellent for a hunting/ general purpose trigger. No problems after several thousand rounds through each of them.

I’ve had two 2 stage diamonds with zero issues. One lives on my competition 22 and the other was my impact. I’ve had thousands of rounds and equal amounts of dry fire on my 22 with no issues. I’d buy another one

I’ve had two 2 stage diamonds with zero issues. One lives on my competition 22 and the other was my impact. I’ve had thousands of rounds and equal amounts of dry fire on my 22 with no issues. I’d buy another one
Great data point. Thank you.

Reactions: Krob95