• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommendations for a pin & weld job ?

dvdt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2009
Dallas,TX
I'm looking to get a SF brake pinned and welded to a barrel. It's a 14.5" upper. I just want this done correctly so I don't damage my can on the first shot.

Can anyone recommend a reputable shop ?

Re: Recommendations for a pin & weld job ?

Steve and the fine folks at Adco will treat you right. I've had them do the same service for me in the past with excellent results.

Check here for more info:

http://www.adcofirearms.com/shopservices/

If you have any doubts about your current barrel threads and the concentricty of those threads to the bore, Steve will also check your barrel and let you know if there are any concerns. They also have pretty fast turn around with most jobs being done in <2 weeks.

Good luck!

Thanks, guys. I emailed Steve at ADCO a couple weeks ago and haven't heard back. I'll try him again based on the recommendations.

Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dvdt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, guys. I emailed Steve at ADCO a couple weeks ago and haven't heard back. I'll try him again based on the recommendations.

Thanks! </div></div>

I sent an email last week about some stuff and havent heard back either, but I have done business with ADCO on several occasions in the past...

Excellent Work and people.

I sent a quick reply to my email yesterday and had a response answering all of my questions in ~20 mins. Looks like I'm good to go. I just need my upper to ship!
smile.gif

Thanks again guys!

I have two barrels at Weapon Outfitters currently and one is getting pinned
smile.gif

Any smith with a drill press/mill, a mig/tig, a grinder and half a clue should be able to get you squared away.