• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommendations for good 25 creed hunting bullet please?

vivdav

Private
Minuteman
  • Mar 6, 2017
    Rockport, TX
    What would be a good 25 creed hunting bullet in south texas for pigs, deer, axis type of animal. Thanks

Sierra game king soft point.
    It’s the ideal Texas hunting bullet IMO.
    It’s fragments pretty good liquefying the insides of a big buck or pig but it’ll still poke through the biggest boar shoulder before doing so. Shoot in the head and it’ll make some serious carnage. Might not always leave an exit wound on a big pig or buck shoulder but I’ve also not had one take a step since I’ve moved to the bullet.

If you’re wanting long range the blackjacks have a good rep but I’ve also heard they are impossible to find now

Doesn’t matter, which ever your barrel prefers. I trend towards the lighter weights for hunting but I’ve used them in 24, 27 and 30 cals and they all act the same.

The non soft points with the sorta closed tips are for elk etc so they don’t expand so soon. But the game king has the same match king forgiving ogive and sorta thick jacket but with a nice expansion inviting lead point.
    It’s also one of the easiest bullets to find a load for across the board for me.

If you have a fast enough twist why not the new Berger elite hunter 135gr

The 135 bergers shouldn’t be an issue at all then for hunting bullet

I was looking for a balance of low recoil vs high BC and enough bullet weight for me to feel comfortable shooting elk. The 25 creedmoor was what I settled on. I’m shooting the 131gr blackjack with a .340 G7 at 2950fps.
    The rifle has very low recoil and is super accurate. I’ve been very happy so far. The ballistics beats out 6.5 creedmoor.