• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Recommendations for Leupold VX-R Patrol mount?

madd0c

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2010
South Carolina
Looking at getting a VX-R patrol to try out on an AR for a possible 3 gun platform.

Was interested to hear what mounts are being used. Have a few Larue mounts, but don't think I want to spend 50% of the scope price on a mount unless there weren't other good options. Trying to keep it light.

Thanks,
madd0c

Re: Recommendations for Leupold VX-R Patrol mount?

no one has any thoughts on a QD mount other than Larue for this scope?

The Burris PEPR mount. I believe there is a QD version.

I have mine in a Rock River, works for me.

Thanks for the input guys. I guess I will chck out the Burris since it is 50% of the cost of the bobro and ADM. Definitely worried about the buy once cry once rule though, hope I am not throwing away $100.

Thanks,
madd0c

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: madd0c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Definitely worried about the buy once cry once rule though, hope I am not throwing away $100.</div></div>

I thought that exact same thing re: mounts for the VX-R Patrol 3-9 that's inbound (thanks, Liberty Optics for getting it out the door so fast) and that's why there is a Larue LT-104 on the way as well. The big brown truck of happiness is going to be dropping by Casa de JV a couple times next week and I can't wait...
laugh.gif

why not try some warne quick detach rings . I have a burris pepr mount and am not that impressed. the optic wants to slip in the mount and I hate the picitany rails on the top of the rings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: madd0c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Have a few Larue mounts, but don't think I want to spend 50% of the scope price on a mount unless there weren't other good options.
</div></div>

Easy solution would be to track one down secondhand. That said, I just picked up a Bobro mount for my SN4S and love it. Same price point retail as the LaRue, but I picked it up secondhand for a much more reasonable amount.

I have a VX-R patrol 1-4 in a PEPR and it works fine, but I don't take the scope off so not sure about return to zero. Also have a RRA mount and have owned several Larues, both good mounts. For the price the RRAs are good budget mounts.