• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommendations for scope

Brian59

Private
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2022
Alaska
So, just bought my one rifle battery...for all big game in North America, Africa and Argentina and New Zealand. The rifle is a Interarms Mark X Alaskan in .375 H+H. I am moving back to Alaska to live in 6 months. I have hunts scheduled in Africa ( Plains and Cape Buffalo), New Zealand (Red Stag), Wyoming (Elk, Mule deer and Pronghorn), and, of course, as a resident Alasakan.......Brown bear, Grizzly, Dall Sheep, Moose, Caribou, Sitka Blacktail, Elk, Black Bear, Musk Ox and Buffalo.

I am looking for recommendations for a one and done scope to go with this rifle. I hand load and will be shooting everything from 230-350grains. Any thoughts?

I’ve become a fan of illuminated scopes, specifically the Swaro Z8i series. Makes finding the crosshairs much easier against a dark colored animal. There are several other less expensive options, but still high quality scopes. I’d consider the Leupold VX3 line the entry level.

If I were building up a one and done rifle, I would give Swarovski a hard look, specifically their upper tier, Z8i in either the 1-8x24mm or more likely, the 1.7-13x42mm.
If FFP were a must, I would be looking at Kahles, and Leupold has some of those magnification ranges in their VX-6 and Mark 6 lines.

Question for the OP:
Do you have open sights and plan on a quick release mount or rings? That would have some influence on my decision to go true 1x or not.

Last edited: