• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

recommendations on a truck med kit

insectguy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2009
Chattanooga
I recently upgraded my old truck to an F-250, and I want to get a better med kit to have around in case I come across a medical emergency (I was a volunteer fire department chief and first responder for a while-- old habits die hard). Has anyone purchased a ready-made kit worth a darn, such as on Amazon? Or should I make a custom kit of my own?

Make one yourself. Some trauma bandages, EMT scissors, rescue breathing mask....PPE-gloves, glasses, hand sanitizer.
I also have a stethoscope, BP cuff , airways, flashlight and some 4"x4" gauze and cling wrap.

Last edited:
Reactions: insectguy
I’ve bought a few to keep in vehicles and home. Nothing expensive. Provides piece of mind mostly.
Everything jam packed tight in a little case so you have to dig through all the shit to find what you want. Outside comes plastic wrapped. Boxes and shit inside also sealed. Then you have to unwrap the bandaids and gaws from their individual wrapper.

I understand keeping shit clean and sterile, but gawd damn! Fucking bleed all over everything before you finally get to what you want. Then the next things you need are scattered all over the seat, tailgait, or whatever.

So what I’m getting at is a person of your experience in the first aid arena might be best served with a kit you put together yourself knowing what you want/need without a bunch of unneeded excess.
Put together in a user friendly fashion where common or important items can be reached quickly and easily without turning your kit into a massive rat fucked mess like a Walgreens threw up into it when it’s time to play medic for real.

I also recommend making your own kit because with many of the higher tier store bought ones, you're gonna get a shit ton of stuff you're never gonna need even in the most extreme realistic emergency. There's lots of good DIY med kit vids on YouTube so I say start there.

Check out Eleven10 med gear, they have some complete ready made kits and good options to build your own....

http://www.1110gear.com

Anything they don't have for contents you can find at Chinook Medical.

I bought my vehicle kits from Chinook medical. I got the adventure kits with bleeding kits. They were on sale the other day. Every time I built my own kit, it was nearly the same price as buying the kit ready to roll.