• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommendations on front bag for bench shooting

mahiman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2010
College Station, Texas
I enjoy precision bench shooting my bolt gun and an precision AR15 in 6.8. I have been using stacked sand bags. It’s always been a pain. Wanting to go to a good quality stable single front bag. I have an squeeze sock and a gap rear bag.

There are so many choices from cheap low quality to bags up to 150. Quality and durability is the goal.

I would appreciate any input or recommendations.

Thanks for the information guys!

A couple of bags have caught my eye. Anyone have experience with the crosstac x bag or the caldwell Tack Driver x bag?

Researching the weibad cube and the Caldwell rock tomorrow.

Last edited:
I’d go bald eagle over the Caldwell rock

I’d be interested to hear people’s thought regarding bag vs bipod. I recently started shooting off of a bench and use my bipod, an Atlas with rubber feet. I really enjoy it but the rubber feet have a tendency to slide when I load the bipod. The top of my bench is a smooth wood surface and I thought I might add some skateboard grip tape toward the front where by bipod feet rest. Another option I’ve considered are different bipod feet. Thoughts?

Ive used bipods and this with good results...

I’d be interested to hear people’s thought regarding bag vs bipod. I recently started shooting off of a bench and use my bipod, an Atlas with rubber feet. I really enjoy it but the rubber feet have a tendency to slide when I load the bipod. The top of my bench is a smooth wood surface and I thought I might add some skateboard grip tape toward the front where by bipod feet rest. Another option I’ve considered are different bipod feet. Thoughts?

Likely loading the bipod too much. Once you take the slack out of it, that’s about all you need.

I’d go bald eagle over the Caldwell rock
Certainly looks nicer But it is quite a bit more expensive.