• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommendations on Replacement Stocks for Steyr SSG 04

Pablo The Great

Sailing The Seas of Cheese
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2023
Florida, United States
Hi All,

I'm looking for any recommendations on replacement stocks for Steyr SSG 04 rifles. From my research, I found that McMillan did produce some stock inventory under the model name of SBS, as allegedly, these models will also fit the SBS and Pro Hunter series. These stocks are no longer produced and can be tough to find. I'm not sure if you can "custom" order one from them at this stage.

I haven't seen any other manufacturers building anything to support these models. Would be interested to hear the thoughts and suggestions of the forum members here.

Last edited:
There's a great dude in the UK who produces stocks for the SSG 69 - he might also produce, or be able to produce stocks for the SSG-04 as well... I'll edit this reply when I locate his name/company.

Thanks!

Would enjoy learning about them. There is a company in the UK, Jackson Rifles, that does in fact have a number of McMillan SBS stocks in different configurations. The problem however, is with UK Customs and getting this exported and imported here in the US. Even though it's just a slab of fiberglass, it still falls within "arms" regulations. That makes it tricky.

Found it. The company is called Staffordshire Synthetic Stocks. I've emailed and messaged with Tony in the past, he was always quick to respond. https://ww w.staffs-synthetic-stocks.com/process#