• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommendations: Soft Cases for Long Rifles, and Barrel Sleeves

Edsel

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2013
1) I’m looking for a Cordura / Ballistic Nylon Rifle Case that isn’t so much a rifle sock, but rather a light padded zippered case that I can use for a planned move with several rifles in a U-Haul truck.

6BE33198-68C1-40BD-A9DA-9D135CE38BDA.jpeg

I typically use MidwayUSA’s Heavy Duty Discreet Tactical Rifle Case for the range, letting the barrel stick out; these cases are too short, and only suffice for short trips.

My Accuracy International AT has an overall length of 48” (I do realize that the barrel’s removable, but not all my rifles have this feature), while my Tikkas are at 44”.

I’m not sure if I could use these cases for my ARs as well (40”, 42”).

C0CD8F22-998C-4A40-9485-370BE50B8844.jpeg

Would the MidwayUSA Heavy Duty Shotgun Case fit the bill, even with the scopes attached?

187AAF29-FCF1-4EB7-A7FA-1E1FA711964D.jpeg

https://www.uline.com/BL_3753/Protective-Netting

2) I’m also trying to figure out the proper size of protective netting for my Accuracy International barrels - which one’s appropriate,

- 1/2” to 1”, or
- 1” to 1 1/2”

sleeves?

If I remember correctly, this is how Eurooptic used to mail barrels.

What would you recommend?

Context: I’m buying several, to keep my rifles secure during a move.

Last edited:
MidwayUSA’s got a sale on Pelicans. Why get a throw away soft case unless you’re gonna use it for range days?

I need many “cheapo” cases for moving.

I already have a few “nice” cases for the range.

How much do you want to spend per rifle? Voodoo Tactical has a dual rifle drag bag for just over $200. And since it's a pretty well-known and respected company, you could probably sell them after your move for not too much less than you bought them for. Mine holds a rifle with a 28" barrel and a brake.

How many you looking for?

Around a dozen or so.

I’ve found something close to what I need - it’s the Bulldog Pit Bull Rifle Case.

093A1E5F-FBF9-4D62-8737-5B1160C68D99.jpeg

No external pockets or other external features.

The downside is - it can’t accommodate a “tall” AR (bottom of pistol grip to scope turret > 9”), the internal compartment’s a little short at 46”, and it’s a single - zipper design closing at the rear, meaning one can’t leave the muzzle sticking out.

It can fit my scoped Tikka rifles fine, but not the ARs or Accuracy International rifles.

Any one along these lines (~ 50” long, 12” tall) that you guys may have come across?

Filson scoped case available in 50” length, or their non scoped gun sleeve in 52”.

I picked up their scoped 46” version a few minutes back. It’s 11.5” high at its widest, and that width extends for a good 14”.

Filson scoped case available in 50” length, or their non scoped gun sleeve in 52”.

I picked up their scoped 46” version a few minutes back. It’s 11.5” high at its widest, and that width extends for a good 14”.

Those are really nice.

At ~ $350 a pop, though... a little too much.

I need a dozen or so cheapo cases.

Last edited: