• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommendations to cut and thread Scar 17 barrel

amedeo1227

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2012
Thibodaux, LA
Looking for some recommendations to cut and thread my Scar 17 barrel. From what I understand, chrome lined barrels aren't really a standard procedure and require special attention. Im not sure of that, so I could be wrong, but I would rather be sure.

Anyone y'all recommend for the cut and thread, and then pin and weld a new flash hider on it?

I would contact Class 3 Machining. They're a 07 FFL in the Dallas area that specializes in that kind of work and have done Scar 17's.

Looking for some recommendations to cut and thread my Scar 17 barrel. From what I understand, chrome lined barrels aren't really a standard procedure and require special attention. Im not sure of that, so I could be wrong, but I would rather be sure.

Anyone y'all recommend for the cut and thread, and then pin and weld a new flash hider on it?

Trajectory Arms does fantastic work.

Reactions: amedeo1227
Check with D Wilson in Colorado
TW1NOHx.jpg

Pin and weld he did for a AEM5 muzzle device

Reactions: amedeo1227
Check with D Wilson in Colorado
TW1NOHx.jpg

Pin and weld he did for a AEM5 muzzle device
15.1" barrel to 16" no stamp needed
1sZcOEc.jpg

I don’t recall the founding fathers pinning things

But if I get it, and if you’re going the avoid law enforcement attacks > constitution route I’d just get a brace before I pinned, you’d gain more being able to change muzzle devices..depending on how the permission slips for the receiver are worded that is

brace before I pinned

If we're speaking to the "avoid law enforcement attacks" you can't turn a rifle into a pistol. You can turn a pistol into a rifle. So unless it started as a pistol or a stripped lower the only option is pin and weld or sbr.

If we're speaking to the "avoid law enforcement attacks" you can't turn a rifle into a pistol. You can turn a pistol into a rifle. So unless it started as a pistol or a stripped lower the only option is pin and weld or sbr.

Great reason to always go with 80% builds