• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommended 6.5 Creedmoor barrel

The salmon

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Not looking for brand suggestions (already decided on a Bartlein).

What barrel length and twist (the Bartlein gain twist on lowlights bravo6 delta, also a 6.5 Creedmoor sounds interesting) will give the best the best performance.

Wanna try to keep it on the short side to save weight

Thanks,

Sam

Just run a 1-8, it'll shoot all the 6.5 stuff the same more then likely. That's if it's chambered and crownd professionally.

Last edited:
That's up to you, my new build is going to be 23" finished. Most guys run anything from 22"-28" depending on their use. Most full comp guns or 26"-28" to maintain the most velocities.

I recommend a thinner contour if you plan on running 26"-28" barrel unless your a hoss of a man. With a 22"-23" barrel you can achieve 2750fps or more which is very competitive and will allow you to accurately and consistently shoot to 1100 yds.

8 twist in a lighter contour(Med Palma/Rem Varmint) to save weight but keep it atleast 24". I would recommend 26" especially if you plan on using factory ammo.

1:8.5 works fine for pretty much any comp bullet ive shot. 140's actually shoot better than anything. 27 " bartlein mtu contoured on a GA P Crusader

This is gonna sound like a stupid question...

What contour do you guys recommend for this:
I want it to be accurate so what contour provides the best accuracy/weight ration,
I want the barrel to be a little heavy but not so heavy that walking and stalking to the deer blind will be a problem

I really like the Bartlein #3 contour, this 24" 6.5x47L weighs in (if memory serves me correctly) at just over 12lbs and drives tacks with the 130 Berger VLD's at 2757 fps.

This is gonna sound like a stupid question...

What contour do you guys recommend for this:
I want it to be accurate so what contour provides the best accuracy/weight ration,
I want the barrel to be a little heavy but not so heavy that walking and stalking to the deer blind will be a problem

I recommend a medium Palma or Whitley medium Palma.