• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommended Army and/or Air Force Recruiters (both Active and NG) in the DFW area?

richthe1

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2018
I thought that this community might have some specific connections and recommendations for recruiters in the DFW area, especially those involved in Guard units in the area. Are there any specific recruiters in the area you would recommend, or should I just go to the nearest recruiting office?

I have a bachelors degree (3.35 GPA in an engineering field) so I think I could be eligible for OCS/OTS as well as enlisted.

Also, are there any NG units in the area you would recommend?

Any additional advice would be appreciated- thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to add, I likely need a med waiver. So I would need someone willing to work with me on that.

Last edited:
Dude please for the love of everything do not go enlisted if you have a degree if you must join.....

I would go ad over ng too unless your job is cool with you popping out for extended periods for training etc

Reactions: schmi015
Dude please for the love of everything do not go enlisted if you have a degree if you must join.....

I would go ad over ng too unless your job is cool with you popping out for extended periods for training etc
Thanks! Most people that I have talked to recommend Officer, just wanted to through that out there since I didn’t know if certain recruiters are better at the OCS/OTS thing.

I work in a job that allows time off for NG.

what kind of waiver? I tried to get one in the medical (non combat type) and couldn't get one. Tried a few times.......

If you are tougher than @ArmyJerry , do the USMC. If you like to ride a motorcycle all slow and easy in first gear and tell people to buy ammo, then go Army.....

Well, you did say that you're in the engineering field. Some might suggest you Go Army so's you can work the trains. They gots a whole Corp of Engineers there.