• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommended buffer for POF 308 build?

SmokeRolls

Nobody important
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2008
Kentucky
Building a new POF 308 with Mike Rock 20" barrel.
Need to buy a buffer, spring and tube for this rifle.
Just purchased a PRS stock for this build.
Most rounds will be 168 grain SMK or AMAX.
I see that some people use the Enidine hydrolic buffer. I don't know anything about them. Hype or the best recommended???
Just checking to see what is the recommended buffer for my application.
Lets hear it.
Thanks
....SmokeRolls

Re: Recommended buffer for POF 308 build?

I just placed an order @ www.heavybuffers.com for my AR15 build, they have rifle length ones too designed for 308 calibers.

The general consensus with the enidine ones are that they leak, imagine having hydraulic fluid flying all over the place. I too planned on getting a enidine until I read about all the horror stories.

Email Clint over there at heavybuffers.com if you've got questions. Seems like a nice guy.

^^ What they said!! ^^

Clint will take excellent care of you and work with you to determine which of his buffers will work best for your rifle/preferred ammo.

I installed a DPMS rifle length buffer in mine, for use with the Magpul PRS, and I've had not a single issue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dlxcupid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just placed an order @ www.heavybuffers.com for my AR15 build, they have rifle length ones too designed for 308 calibers.

The general consensus with the enidine ones are that they leak, imagine having hydraulic fluid flying all over the place. I too planned on getting a enidine until I read about all the horror stories.

Email Clint over there at heavybuffers.com if you've got questions. Seems like a nice guy.</div></div>
I E-mailed Clint and gave him my rifle specs and ammo specs, I'll let him determine which one I need.
Thanks for the recommendations.
.....SmokeRolls