• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing recommended cleaning rod for an AI 2.0 stock

fastford

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 10, 2008
    Central, Texas
    GAP is putting together a 338 lapua in an AI 2.0 stock for me, how long a cleaning rom do you guys with the 2,0 stock need? barrel is 25 inches..

thanks!
    Chris

Re: recommended cleaning rod for an AI 2.0 stock

OK, you got me on that one. What does the stock have to do with it?

Chris,

Call up Randy or Diann @ Mile High and get a Dewey rod, AI bore guide, and a jag/brush package from him. They have a very good cleaning package available.
    wink.gif

Or give me a ring and I will get you squared away with them.

Adam

I agree with Adam on his choice of rods. I have several of different sizes and lengths. Dewey coated rods are the way to go. I prefer to use the longest rod for rifles. I want to think it's 40"...? I find it better to have a little too much rod than to have just barely enough.

Victor, the rod we sell in the cleaning kits is Dewey P/N 30C-44 (44") I just measured my 223AI in a 2.0 for Chris and it is just under 46" overall so that is just about the perfect size.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bauer Arms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Victor, the rod we sell in the cleaning kits is Dewey P/N 30C-44 (44") I just measured my 223AI in a 2.0 for Chris and it is just under 46" overall so that is just about the perfect size. </div></div>

I believe that's the one I had in mind.

+1 on Dewey rods, I have yet to see a need to use something els.