• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommended Kestrel Unit

dRU1z.gif

Reactions: Herb Stoner
You can probably get by with just a standard Kestrel without the AB, since you have the Garmin.

That being said, I'd recommend you get the 5700 Elite with AB, just in case your watch takes a crap, if you can afford it.

Two is one, one is none.

It's why I have a Garmin 701 and a Kestrel 5700 Elite. It's a paltry price to pay when you have gear go down, and you've already dropped $2K+ on match fees, travel and lodging. Same for a hunting trip.

JMTCW...

Reactions: Dobermann
You can probably get by with just a standard Kestrel without the AB, since you have the Garmin.

That being said, I'd recommend you get the 5700 Elite with AB, just in case your watch takes a crap, if you can afford it.

Two is one, one is none.

It's why I have a Garmin 701 and a Kestrel 5700 Elite. It's a paltry price to pay when you have gear go down, and you've already dropped $2K+ on match fees, travel and lodging. Same for a hunting trip.

JMTCW...
Copy that … thanks