• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommended lightweight pan heads for Binos

Greyswandir

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2019
USA
Hi all, looking at obtaining a lightweight pan head or other for binos specifically. Either 10x42 (Possibly Sig ABS 10k if it reviews well) or the Maven B2 11x.

I saw this one from Wiser Precision. https://www.wiserprecision.com/products/nighthawk which seems promising, but wanted to know if there were any other options to look at.

This would be mounted either on a carbon fiber tripod (AS80c) or a QuikStix set up from Wiser.

Thanks!

Takes awhile to show up, but I have this one and it works great for binos as long as you have an ARCA adapter for them. There’s a tiny bit of slop between the two main plates that becomes evident when you hang a big spotter on it, just means you have to account for it when adjusting up/down. Never noticed it with the binos, only the long/heavy spotter at high zoom.

Reactions: Greyswandir
I've got an outdoorsman pan head that is great. It is heavier than what you are looking for, but they make a micro that is 7.5oz.