• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommended Magzines for 6.5 Creedmoore (XLR element magnesium chassis + TL3 short action)

harry_x1

Khalsa
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2019
I just assembled a new 6.5 creedmoor for hunting and match shooting. It has XLR element magnesium chassis with a Zermatt Arms TL3 short action. I am looking for recommended magzines that can work in this set up (minimum 10 round capacity). XLR guys told me to use AICS pattern mags...but looking for recos from experienced folks who have used this kind of chassis system. Thanks for your time and assistance !

XLR guys told me to use AICS pattern mags...

That's your answer. AICS mags. Many companies make them. I would stick with steel mags as you get a longer OAL than polymer generally. AI, MDT, XLR etc.

Reactions: harry_x1
I just assembled a new 6.5 creedmoor for hunting and match shooting. It has XLR element magnesium chassis with a Zermatt Arms TL3 short action. I am looking for recommended magzines that can work in this set up (minimum 10 round capacity). XLR guys told me to use AICS pattern mags...but looking for recos from experienced folks who have used this kind of chassis system. Thanks for your time and assistance !

I used the AICS pattern 10 round mags from MDT #102917 with my Impact 737R and XLR Element 4.0 and chambered in 6.5CM.

XLR just announced an adjustable magazine catch for the element chassis. You may want to pick one up as that would make it a bit easier to get the perfect fit on your magazines.