• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommended Pelican (or others) for Bolt Gun dimensions?

KEbravo4

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 7, 2020
Hey all,

Currently using an old drag bag for reg range use. Not ideal in my truck bed. Hoping to start my first PRS season this coming spring and want to start collecting what I need.

Setup: KRG W3 (folder), Rem 700 SA, 26" M24 contour Bartlein Barrel, Mk5 5-25x, Harris Bipod

Dimensions: approx 40"L x 12"W x 6"D

After a quick search, the only initial case that would reasonably work with a few mags and other accessories inside, was the 1745 Air Long. MSRP listed as $440, which hurts.

Anyone here have a similar setup? I know the folder on the chassis limits me cuz of case depth. If you have a case for this style rifle and it works, I could use some recommendations. Thanks everybody.

Storm > Pelican

If you're going to be throwing it in your truck bed, I'd personally get a larger case like the iM3300 to use w/ non-folders, but that's just me

Nanuk > All

Folded, you'll want the 990, or the 991 for extra depth.
Unfolded, the 995 would do you well.

They just had a great black friday sale that was 35% off, but sometimes dvor also has them on a ~30% off sale. Either way, they are fantastic quality cases and should be just deep enough.

Reactions: skintimate
The new magpul cases are worth a look. I've fondled one and it was solid. It's very well thought out. They also sell the grid organization system separately.

Magpul Daka case

Last edited:
Nanuk > All

Folded, you'll want the 990, or the 991 for extra depth.
Unfolded, the 995 would do you well.

They just had a great black friday sale that was 35% off, but sometimes dvor also has them on a ~30% off sale. Either way, they are fantastic quality cases and should be just deep enough.
Will keep this in mind, thanks. Do you know off the top of your head if the Magpul DAKA grid organizer works will with this? Or is that kind of one size fits most and minor modification to make fit?