• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommended Quality Night Vision ClipOn for my Night Force Scope

harry_x1

Khalsa
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2019
Hi,
I shoot an AI AXMC (338 LM), with a nightforce ATCR 7-35x scope. Looking to buy a quality clip on night vision monoculor. Are there any recommendation for same? Also, how do I make sure that the monocolor will work for my particular scope and is tailored for it....thanks

A Knights Armory refurb PVS30 is the best bang for the buck for distance at night. They have gone up a bit in the last couple years but they also feature a new housing that accepts 1 battery instead of two and either CR123 or AA

Mention The Hide when you call or email and we can break it down a little bit more as well.

There is also the UNS-SR clip on that's a good bit smaller, but more designed for 500 yards and under-

And if your looking for the newer model in White Phosphor that will get you out there a little farther-

Here is an idea of the size comparison between a PVS30 and an UNS-SR

Attachments

• IMG_0017.jpg
    IMG_0017.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 60
PVS-27s would be on my list, 50BMG rated, big objective, more ergonomic than PVS-30. The 27s have been going for as low as $3800 and up to $5500.

They'll support 15x+ magnification on the day scope.

@Surgeon_Shooter can even retube them if you have interest in going that way.

You won't have much luck with the 24LR due to its recoil rating. It's still my favorite unit, but not for everyone's use case. If you're shooting short action calibers, it's a solid choice.

The Knights UNS LR A2 would serve you well, and we have a couple coming available any day now. They are heavy, but can take a beating without worry.

The PVS27 is also an option, and probably the unit I would go with over the older PVS-30 refurbs just given the giant lens and it's light capturing ability.

You won't have much luck with the 24LR due to its recoil rating. It's still my favorite unit, but not for everyone's use case. If you're shooting short action calibers, it's a solid choice.

The Knights UNS LR A2 would serve you well, and we have a couple coming available any day now. They are heavy, but can take a beating without worry.

The PVS27 is also an option, and probably the unit I would go with over the older PVS-30 refurbs just given the giant lens and it's light capturing ability.
And can be re-tubed.