• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Recommended riflescope (FFP) for PRS match ($1200-$1600)

harry_x1

Khalsa
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2019
Looking to buy a riflescope to be put on Daniel Defense Delta 5 (6.5 creed, 24 inch barrell). Any recommendations for scope within aforesaid budget? Appreciate your time and attention !

Reactions: Bender
Hit Liberty Optics for a new Gen II Razor:

Add the scope to your cart to see the actual price.

I know some will not like this option, but I have two of these scopes and they are a heck of a lot of scope for <$500 and the S system works. If you are on a budget this is a good option and you will have no problem selling it if you want to upgrade later.

Primary Arms SLx 3-18x50mm FFP Rifle Scope - Illuminated ACSS-Apollo-6.5CR/.224V

IMG_5172.JPG

Reactions: harry_x1
Uh..with respect...no. If the OP can afford 1200-1600, then he should buy the best glass that that money will buy.

The scope is the weakest link on a LR rifle system; better to spend as much as you can on the glass. It is really in this price range where you get what you pay for. Anything less is wasted on learning what not to get.

Element Optics Nexus is worth a look. I’ve been very pleased with mine and I think it’s the best deal to be had for $1500. I think it compares favorably with the K624.

That's a pretty good price... what reticle is most popular?

Hit Liberty Optics for a new Gen II Razor:

Add the scope to your cart to see the actual price.

I know some will not like this option, but I have two of these scopes and they are a heck of a lot of scope for <$500 and the S system works. If you are on a budget this is a good option and you will have no problem selling it if you want to upgrade later.

Primary Arms SLx 3-18x50mm FFP Rifle Scope - Illuminated ACSS-Apollo-6.5CR/.224V

View attachment 7302724

If all I had were $500 to spend, I'd keep saving another $300 and then would buy a Steiner P4Xi 4-16X.

Then I would have a quality German/American made scope that has real resale value and is a known quantity, unlike some chinese junk with an unsuitable reticle.

Hard pass

As others have said. Razor 2 is the answer.
There are other LOW scopes that might be as good but aren’t yet proven that in the PRS world to the degree that Vortex is.

You might be able to find a Leupold MK5 at that price if you like their reticle choices and don’t mind not having illumination.

The Burris XTR3 could be in your budget and many folks seem to like them.

Yeah... don't be tempted by that Chinese look-alike toys.

If all I had were $500 to spend, I'd keep saving another $300 and then would buy a Steiner P4Xi 4-16X.

Then I would have a quality German/American made scope that has real resale value and is a known quantity, unlike some chinese junk with an unsuitable reticle.

Hard pass

I've got the DMR II with H59. I have no experience with a Razor Gen 2, but I would think the Vortex is a higher class optic. Worth the extra $1k?

there is a Kahles 6x24 for sale hear, It's $1900 but probably well worth it.
I'm no prs expert .