• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Recommended ring height for Bushnell MPED 5-30x56 on a Ruger American Predator?

cunnerman

Private
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2023
Black Hills, SD
This is my first bolt action setup and I'm a little confused by the height options...

1705347164983.png

How do I know which rings to use/choose?

Low, med, high etc are generic terms and change from manufacturer to manufacturer. You need to look at the actual height from base to center of tube. With that scope and it's 56mm objective I would go with something in the 1.1" height as that rifle looks like the rail is lower than most.

Reactions: cunnerman
Low, med, high etc are generic terms and change from manufacturer to manufacturer. You need to look at the actual height from base to center of tube. With that scope and it's 56mm objective I would go with something in the 1.1" height as that rifle looks like the rail is lower than most.

OK... good to know.

My local Scheels offers free mounting services; I may just take it in there and see what rings they recommend (so I don't end up buying something I have to return).

OK... good to know.

My local Scheels offers free mounting services; I may just take it in there and see what rings they recommend (so I don't end up buying something I have to return).

Make sure they know what they are doing. Do you have the rifle and scope already?

Rifle in hand... scope is ordered, waiting to ship.

If you can take pic of the rifle from the side from action to about 10" down barrel. Just want to see if that mount is as low as it looked online.

That’s actually a little taller than it looks online so you might get away with a 1” height especially with the slimmer barrel contour. I have a Match Pro in 1.26” height rings on my 700 and will post a couple pics when I get a chance.

That’s actually a little taller than it looks online so you might get away with a 1” height especially with the slimmer barrel contour. I have a Match Pro in 1.26” height rings on my 700 and will post a couple pics when I get a chance.

Thank you so much for your help!

I stumbled upon a post somewhere (on another site) this morning where some one used 1.5" rings and complained it was too high, and that they were replacing them. Just can't find it now.

Glad to help. You will like the Match Pro. Really is a good optic for its price range. Below is a pic of my Match Pro on my 700 with a 20 MOA base. The barrel is a heavier contour M24 also. I think the 1” would work for your set up.

82BD5E1B-8DE8-481B-ACC2-FC3AA7B07EC8.jpeg

Sweet... thanks again!

One more thing... what are those flip up caps you're using on your MPED?

Butler Creek Element caps. They are actually really good compared to the old Butler Creeks. Would be the Objective 60-65mm and Lg 42-47mm eye piece.