• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Recommended torque settings for McRees stock?

Mjolnir23

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2012
Trying to find out what is the optimum torque settings for a FN PBR (Win Mod 70) in a McRee’s stock?

Recommended torque settings for McRees stock?

Sonic, I don't know where you got the 65 number from. Do you have a chassis like that?

If you are going to apply that much torque on a McRees, use washers on the screws. That's a lot of torque.

I have used 35-45, getting my best accuracy in that range, and it's enough.

OP, you may have to experiment a bit.

Last edited:
Mcree recommends 65in lbs for the 700 stock I'm not sure for the FN. I had to experiment with torque to get it to shoot. Mine finally settled in at 30in lbs.

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ"

The McRees I just received yesterday (FN inlet) came with paperwork that explicitly states 65 in/lbs for the action screws. I haven't test fired mine yet.

Appreciate the information fellas, I was able to get a hold of McRees today and they said 65in LBs was it. Also took it out and shot it and that torque was working more than fine with the rifle/chassis. Still thanks for the info Sonic since I wasn't able to get in contact with them at the time and needed the information right away.

Last edited:
Appreciate the information fellas, I was able to get a hold of McRees today and they said 65in LBs was it. Also took it out and shot it and that torque was working more than fine with the rifle/chassis. Still thanks for the info Sonic since I wasn't able to get in contact with them at the time and needed the information right away.

If you have any further questions feel free to pm me. Scott was on the road for the past couple of weeks, as is often the case this time of year for him.