• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RECORD amount of gun sales in 2021. 79% increase. 4.3 MILLION background checks in January alone.

Blue Sky Country

Urban Cowboy
Minuteman

• New for 2021: Keeping The Gun Store Shelves Stocked Challenge...
    biggrin.gif

Guns-Getty.jpg

----------
    The FBI conducted more than 4.3 million gunbackground checks in January 2021 – the highest number of checks completed during a single month in the agency’s recorded history – as one expert says the staggering figure indicates a "growing" demand for firearmsfrom the American public.

The FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) completed 4,317,804 total background checks in January of this year, marking the start of 2021 with the highest number of checks conducted in a one-month period, according to agency data. Excluding federal-level checks, such as those conducted for federal law enforcement agents, the bureau conducted 4,288,240 state-level background checks, said Small Arms Analytics and Forecasting Chief Economist Jurgen Brauer.

----------

A day-by-day breakdown of January 2021 NICS numbers:

And that’s just NICS checks performed. That number wouldn’t include FTF private gun sales. The total number would be incredible

And we wonder where all the ammo went....I wonder what is driving the huge demand amongst people who have never been armed to now arm themselves?

VooDoo

Reactions: Edgecrusher
    Do you all think the national guard members stationed in DC they were doing background checks on were or were not included in those numbers? Asking for a friend. lol

Unfortunately Gov. Northturd made Virginia a universal background state. One of those was mine.
    Got this in a trade, Pre lock S&W 625 The 1989 in great shape with a hair trigger. Very accurate.

1612463913728.png

1612464103340.png

• Love
    Reactions: BrienM
    Where I am you still have to do the NICS check even with a Concealed Carry License, you just don’t have to wait three days to take your new gun home.
    LOL, wait to take gun home....in Iowa you don't do NICS check with CCW, fill out 4473 and out you go.

I'm in WV and have a carry permit. FFLs are allowed to skip the NICS check for a permit holder but are not required to, so it really depends on where you go to make a purchase. My few favorite dealers skip the check, but I think the longest I've waited for a check to complete was about 20 minutes at a dealer who didn't honor the carry permit. We also don't have to wait to take it home. Fill out the paper and head to the range.

On topic, I'm glad to see the numbers go up every month. Hopefully a lot of those are new owners and enthusiasts.

And we wonder where all the ammo went....I wonder what is driving the huge demand amongst people who have never been armed to now arm themselves?

VooDoo
    I've spoken to a few new gun buyers and they are buying out of fear .
    They have spoken to fear due to all of the inner city rioting and violence . They've spoken to fear of it coming to their homes . The number of CCW permits in my County have skyrocketed .

Yeah, apparently there are so fucking many that the ASP can't get through to run mine for a CCL renewal. Been pending background check for over a friggin' month!