• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Recovering from a slump.

Ryguy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2013
Las Vegas
I recently went to visit relatives in Arkansas and brought my precision rifle. We ventured out to a 3,000 acre farm for some long range shooting and I couldn't hit anything. We used balloons as targets that measured about 11 inches across. I had serious trouble at 550 yards, forget 800 and 1000. Normally, 1200 on a 12 inch plate is very doable at my local range. While in Arkansas, nothing I did put rounds on target. We went through 100 very frustrating rounds showing about 20% hits. I used the Applied Ballistics app to get the trajectory. I am wondering if the general uncomfortable high heat and humidity along with mosquitos effected my fundamentals. How to get out of the slump? Do you guys go back to 100 and start from the bottom and work back?

environment influence shooters and bullets alike, I wouldn't worry too much about it, everybody has a bad day time to time. Either that or your barrel is burned up :p
cheers.