• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Rec's needed = Quick detach mount for POF .308

Clumpster

Private
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2010
MT
Greetings!

I just got my new tool in and need some recommendations from the experts.

Rifle is POF .308 with 20" bbl. I have the MAGPUL BUIS set.

Socpe: Bushnell 2.5x16x42 Tactical 30mm(I have reasons for this choice, so please keep flames to min!)

I'd like to put the scope in a GOOD quick detach mount. GG&G, LaRue, Wilson...????? What has worked for you that maintains POI?

I'm not too concerned what it's made of...as long as it's USA and <span style="text-decoration: underline">built to last</span>!

Thanks in advance to all that reply!

S/f

CW
USMC(ret)

Re: Rec's needed = Quick detach mount for POF .308

I have been running a Larue LT-158 on my 20" P-308 for over a year now and I am VERY pleased with it. It is rock solid, retains zero when removing and remounting it (I switch mine out to run a dedicated NV scope), it has 10MOA built in to the mount, and it has withstood hard use. I highly recommend all of Mark's products...they are first rate!!

ETA: As for the receiver marks...yes, it leaves its mark behind, but it is NOT causing any deep gauling or gouging of the aluminum receiver and I have mine set what I consider to be damn tight.

I have a Larue mount on my .223 POF and like it alot. Gives the perfect height for me and holds strong.
P3150515.jpg

P3150516.jpg

2nd the Larue - i have the lt104 mount. In case you don't know, make sure you read the instructions on adjusting the "bite" of the QD levers so they aren't too tight and gouge bad. I think you're supposed to adjust them so when your closing the levers that you feel it start to catch at a 45 degree angle.

ok, going to (likely) fly in the face of popular opinion here, but i would go with Bobro, then ADM then Larue...
Why ? All are very high quality, US made QR mounts, all RTZ. I own 5 Larue, 2 ADM and just the one Bobro.

web.jpg

here's a view of the 3 side by side showing the rail interface( please excuse the ATN...
whistle.gif
) .
The Larue applies direct force to the underside of the rail by way of two rotating cams.
The ADM and Bobro apply force to the side of the rail through non concentric cams acting upon a sprung side rail.

That sprung side rail seems to allow a bit more flexibilty moving the optic between different rifles where the rail might be slightly off spec, without having to break out the wrench and adjust the levers. If i move my Larue between my POF and my Bushmaster, I have to tighten the levers as they move a touch too freely. If i move it back to the POF I have to loosen them or I need a hammer to lock them and a pry bar to release them. And they will gouge the crap out of the rail.

The levers on the ADM and Bobro are far easier to manipulate than the Larue, they are more "quicker" to release.
The Bobro also has a sprung indexing lug on the underside to lock onto rails where spacing may be out of spec on the rail. The big lever is the easiest to use of the three and I gave it bonus points for having horizontally, rather than vertically split rings. YMMV but i find it easier to get the scope in with the horizontal style.

POF with 1-4 IOR in an ADM:

web.jpg

and with a TR21 in a Larue...

web.jpg

and my Millet TRS
wink.gif
in a Larue:

web.jpg

So the Larue mounts are fantastic. But the other two are just a bit more so....

Re: Rec's needed = Quick detach mount for POF .30

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been running a Larue LT-158 on my 20" P-308 for over a year now and I am VERY pleased with it. It is rock solid, retains zero when removing and remounting it (I switch mine out to run a dedicated NV scope), it has 10MOA built in to the mount, and it has withstood hard use. I highly recommend all of Mark's products...they are first rate!!
</div></div>

I second the LT-158 with the raised rail of the POF, the scope sits just right.