• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Red Cerakote Pics

buds444

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 30, 2011
Utah
I am looking for some help in finding pictures of red smith and wesson cerakote. It is h-216 for those familiar with their numbering system. I have seen one picture of a pistol done full out in red but would love to see some accenting jobs done using the red. I am ordering some to coat some glock pieces. Guide rod, barrel, magazine release, trigger and controls.

If anybody has any pictures I would love to see them. Thanks for the help.

- Brandon

Re: Red Cerakote Pics

red_para_001.png

This gun on my website is the only one I've seen in that color, probably the one you mentioned?

I have a part I may need to send out soon for Red H-series Cerakote. Just a cocking piece.
Not worth it to us to get Red Cerakote for one cocking piece.

If anyone wants to do it, PM me please. Much appreciated.

DVC PM inbound.

DVC that's the one. Gorgeous as well if I may say so. I'm gonna mess around with these glock pieces and I will post my update next week.

Also, potential stupid question inbound but why the name Smith and Wesson red? I've never in my admittedly limited experience seen a red s&w. Just makes me laugh having no relation in my mind to a company.

I'm not sure how they came up with S&W Red but I know Brandon at NIC has their account so it was probably something S&W wanted once.

I thought the IPSC shooter I did that gun for was nuts, but it actually came out nice and matches his mag holders and belt. LOL God Bless the "gamers"!
smile.gif

You can ask NIC to send you some samples of cerakote on small steel plates, for free.

In fact, you can choose the samples on their website and they will send to you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRCampos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.

You can ask NIC to send you some samples of cerakote on small steel plates, for free.

In fact, you can choose the samples on their website and they will send to you. </div></div>

Truth, I have done it when deciding between 2 shades of brown, and Im glad I did cause I would have picked the wrong color otherwise.

+1 to NIC for their samples. Has saved me a few times now.

As for red I'm more interested in firearm ideas than the actual color appearance. Seeing what other people have used the red for. I am considering coating my CRKT which I just blasted, just for giggles. If you have it you may as well use it I guess.

- Brandon

S&W coats thier handcuffs in different colors for prisons, which ae used for prisoner itentification, which is where the color "Prison Pink" also came from.

I used S&W Red to apply the logos on stocks and mags for Noveske Shooting Team, but havent considered doing a full gun in red, yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buds444</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

As for red I'm more interested in firearm ideas than the actual color appearance.

</div></div>

XDM done in KG Gunkote by Canyon Creek.

525-r-rt-pro.gif

I just looked on the NIC web site and couldn't find any Cerakote red other than C-143 STOPLIGHT RED.

Can anyone point me to the S&W Red?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buds444</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am ordering some to coat some glock pieces. Guide rod, barrel, magazine release, trigger and controls.

- Brandon </div></div>

Unless I did something TERRIBLY wrong...you'll have a hard time being happy getting it to be very permanent on a barrel or guide rod.

The fit on my G34 was tight enough that I had to sand it off a few places on my barrel. Anywhere it contacts a spot on the slide will wear it off lickity-split. My lone wolf barrel was already silver so I wasn't hear broken, but I would have been pissed if I blasted my BLACK Glock barrel only to have all the finish wear off anyway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buds444</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am ordering some to coat some glock pieces. Guide rod, barrel, magazine release, trigger and controls.

- Brandon </div></div>

Unless I did something TERRIBLY wrong...you'll have a hard time being happy getting it to be very permanent on a barrel or guide rod.

The fit on my G34 was tight enough that I had to sand it off a few places on my barrel. Anywhere it contacts a spot on the slide will wear it off lickity-split. My lone wolf barrel was already silver so I wasn't hear broken, but I would have been pissed if I blasted my BLACK Glock barrel only to have all the finish wear off anyway. </div></div>

You did nothing wrong. Might have laid it down a hair too thick, but no matter how you apply it, all kotes are going to wear quickly on the "wear parts" mentioned above. Check my FAQs for what to expect on Cerakote wear. I'm finding the same wear on KG GunKote 2400 also.

Seems no matter how many times I say it... "It ain't colored hard chrome" people won't believe it.

RW Snyder spiral fluted a couple rem 700's for a friend of mine. Then we shipped them to Arpredator for black cerakote with S/W red flutes and scope bases and rings. They came home looking like race cars. I'll see if my buddy has pics or let me take and post some. My friend says there's two colors...red and ugly. Lol.