• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Red Dot and Scope Combo on a 700

lordfaramir13

Private
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2009
Colorado Springs CO
Im a noob guys, so don't gimmie hell over this one please.
Im in Iraq right now waiting on rifle season when I get home. I would like to have a gun waiting on me when I get there. Im looking at the XHR 700 .300RUM (yeah the goofy one with the triangular barrel) No; im not sold on it being superior to other heavy barrels, but it seems to be a good price and Rem wouldnt put crap on it without reason. They also put a bunch of nice factory stuff on it for the cash. Im considering a Burris 4-16x50 mil dot mounted to a picatinny. In the thick northwest woods of Colorado a 4 power is too much sometimes, but a .300 RUM is capable of so much more to go any less. Im shorting it as it is, but I may go higher on the magnification if you can riddle me this;

How would I go about mounting a red dot sight off to the left of the scope at whatever angle (45-90) using the picatinny? I can shoot both hands and since Im left eye dominant but right handed so this would work great in my opinion. Thanks for your help fellas.

Re: Red Dot and Scope Combo on a 700

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1263720&gonew=1#UNREAD

Scroal down, Also, I'd choose a round barrel. I mean RUM without the option of a brake. I think you'll be sorry also there's not an appricable difference above the 300WM that you'll really ever need. I meen unless you really are planing of taking it all the way to its max range. Not really much on that rifle that most people on here would keep. I'm just saying.

Re: Red Dot and Scope Combo on a 700

I'm getting ready to buy the "SAR" that mounts on the scope posted above for most people there is probably a cheaper option. On a 700 you probably have a offset rale. The SSWF (or Burris XTR) rings are very nice and cheap $32-37, you can buy the railed top for the for $9.95. That will work to mount the red dot above the regular scope if your scope does not have tall target turrets. If it does you can you can get the 45deg Doublestar rail and mount on the rail top for another $18. I'm having to do the SAR b/c I needed to use Burris Signature Zee rings.