• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Red Dot Finder for 15x56 Binos on RRS Anvil Head?

Deadman Pointers

Town Fool
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
So I have a set of Leica Geovid 15x56 binoculars with the rangefinder that I'm looking to mount to a RRS Anvil 30 head. Outdoorsman sells a tall bino mount adapter that will work with a RRS adapter to get everything on my tripod, but does anyone have a suggestion for how to get a red dot sight on there as well? The only red dot finder adapters I see mount in the same place the Outdoorsman adapter mounts.

Reactions: Anderson_A
May not be the direction you want to go, but you could mount an Abel Table to your tripod and then your bino's and a red dot to the table using RRS clamps and Abel/Mlok accessories.

Yikes, their site is extraordinarily uninformative. I don't quite follow how the tray attaches to the tripod nor the tray to binos and the additional red dot. It is a bit large for what I was originally thinking of, but if that is the best solution...I can get behind it.

Yikes, their site is extraordinarily uninformative. I don't quite follow how the tray attaches to the tripod nor the tray to binos and the additional red dot. It is a bit large for what I was originally thinking of, but if that is the best solution...I can get behind it.
Check out the RRS Cinema Rail at Mile High.
20180526_130957.jpg
20180526_130633.jpg

On the bottom of the table is a RRS/ARCA spec dovetail that will interface with your Anvil head.

Here is what I used to attach my Swaro's to the table. Again, this may be overkill for you, but it might give you another option. Note that the open slots on the bottom are MLok, so you can attach a picatinny rail and mount your red dot to that.

IMG_5421.jpg

IMG_5422.jpg

IMG_5423.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: nexusfire