• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Red Dot Magnifiers

NewGuy308

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2020
So I’m looking to add a 3x magnifier behind my Holosun HS403 with the ACSS reticle. Was thinking of going with the Holosun HM3X or HM3XT. Does anyone have firsthand experience with either of them or can anyone recommend something else is the same price point?

So I’m looking to add a 3x magnifier behind my Holosun HS403 with the ACSS reticle. Was thinking of going with the Holosun HM3X or HM3XT. Does anyone have firsthand experience with either of them or can anyone recommend something else is the same price point?

I'm selling an eotech and magnifier set in the px because it just wasn't what I wanted to run for that rifle. A regular red dot set up with magnifier I like less than the eotech but some guys love em. You will really have to see it to know if you like it or not. If you are going to use a magnifier, I'd recommend the best red dot you can afford. The dot makes a lot of difference when the magnifier is on it. If it has a lot of flowering, it's not great. Jmo

Reactions: S197 and AMGtuned
The EO G.33 is the way. Used a bunch, only own EoTech magnifiers (and I have several, like RDS+magnifier, few LPVOs here).

Agree hard that the magnifier will expose flaws in the RDS, optics and dot. Getting a good magnifier will cost you even more eventually :)

I had a few red dots and have changed over to the Eotech with a mag and lpvos. As your eyes age you will probably start to get a stigmatism and the red dots start to flare. The holographic sights and etched reticles work much better. Just an older guys 2 cents. Good luck