• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters red dot on spotting scope?

ToddM

Philanthropist
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2008
PA
I didn't see much on this in the search results but I was curious for those of you (if any) using red dot sights on spotting scopes if you liked them or decided they were more of a gimmick?

Yeah, a red dot on your spotter makes life a lot easier. Super fast to transition from target to target.

My buddy runs one and he likes it. Please explain exactly how it benefits you and how you use it. I never completely got it or saw the need, so I need a little education.

PB

My buddy runs one and he likes it. Please explain exactly how it benefits you and how you use it. I never completely got it or saw the need, so I need a little education.

PB
small field of view in a spotter can make transitions from target to target a pitb,, so the red dot gets you in the ball park quicker.