• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Red dot sig romeo 7 vs aimpoint pro

21tango

Private
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2020
Washington
Bought a aimpoint pro a couple years back. I carried its big brother along with a acog in iraq and Afghanistan. Never had a issue and both sights were built for abuse. For civilian use i figured the pro would work without the heafty price tag that comes with a comp 4. After 2 years of abuse on a farm the pro has held its zero and has been perfectly reliable. Last month i picked up a colt 6920 and decided to try a sig romeo 7. The romeo 7 cost two hundred less than the pro but appeared to be well built. After mounting and a quick zero i put it in the safe, last week i caught a raccoon in the chicken coop so i grabbed the colt turned on the romeo 7 and ...no red dot. I changed the battery and still nothing. Called sig who sent me a fedex label. Might have got a lemon but even if they fix it i will always lack confidence in its reliability. Sometimes its better to spend the extra money on what you trust. This is not a knock on sig as i love their firearms and customer service is second to none

• Wow
Reactions: deersniper
Sig seems to be putting out some decent optics in the last couple of years. They are also landing a lot of .gov contracts including sig romeos on federal LEO rifles. However, I am not sold on the "shake wake" optics. This just seems like one more thing to break, when I can just leave an Aimpoint on all the time and change out the battery once a year.

Reactions: JLP83
Another vote for Aimpoint. Definitely worth the extra $200.00 to me.