• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Red Dot with Scope

counterfietgodz

Private
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2011
I have a bushmaster ar15 that I would like to add a red dot sight to in addition to the scope that I have for closer/faster targeting. I have seen others at the range with a 45 degree base, however, I have not been able to find one that will accommodate both my scope and the red dot. I have found a few with that will allow me to mount a scope/red dot on a 45 but then wont allow me to add the scope because there are no pocatinny's on top. I would be pleased if someone could recommended a base with both top and 45 degree mounts.

Re: Red Dot with Scope

These are an option

AR_PEPRMount.jpg

http://www.burrisoptics.com/arpepr.html

Or one of these

2c8ffd531b81b7abdf5bd1897f23a842.jpg

https://danieldefense.com/mounts-1/1-o-clock-offset-rail.html

I think I understand what has you stumped (not sure) but mounts like the Daniel Defense 1 o clock piece are made to fit on either your top or side rail in a spot where you can leave your scope mounted where it is now. I have never seen an offset mount that has rail on top of it for scope mounting. You get an offset mount and run it either behind your scope (if it will fit) or in front of it or on one of the side rails. I will look for a few more pictures that might help.

ar15burris1.jpg

3906195874_9bb1d15ac4.jpg

p9100858.jpg

395717124.jpg

Optic%20offset%20mount%20rear%20view.jpg

You should be able to see what I mean, all of these offset mounts are clamped to the rail either in front of or behind the scope. The last one is on the side rail and not the top.

Burkett, Daniel Defense, Larue Tactical and NCstar are a few companies that I know make the offset mounts. Daniel Defense, Larue Tactical and Burkett are quality pieces not sure about the other. The DD mount is hard to find in stock also. Good luck

On the same topic, anyone here use a mini red dot next to your scope? How do you like it?

I run a Bushnell's red dot on a TNVC SAR mounted @45 of my scope that I keep zeroed at 25yrds. Very happy with both items and it has proven very effective in matches with both long range and CQB stages.

+1 for the TNVC SAR.
I have one mounted on my Leupy w/ an AP Micro.

The good thing about the SAR is that being ring based, you
can place the reddot at any "O'clock" position you'd like.
I run mine at more of a 3 then a one. affords me better cheek weld. I dont come away from my eye relief on my M3, just rotate the rifle and pick up the dot