• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Red Jacket Suppressor

nleaders

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 12, 2011
AZ
First off, I must provide a disclaimer... Their show is so, so, so, so, so bad, and if their suppressors are even close to as bad, I am done.

I only post this because they offer a 6" Titanium suppressor that would be perfect for my application. Are their suppressors any good?

Re: Red Jacket Suppressor

Well If you see the half assed hack work they do on guns what makes you think that their suppressors are gonna be any better??

Personally I wouldent let any of those idiots clean a weapon of mine let alone work on it or purchase somthing from them

Their are way better choices.

What is it your looking for exactly , just a 6" can

Yeah, I am looking for a 30 cal can to attach to my AK (soon to be SBR). I want to launch subsonic loads through this guy.

so if they are soo bad why did they get a show? I'm just asking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so if they are soo bad why did they get a show? I'm just asking. </div></div>

Because they said yes....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so if they are soo bad why did they get a show? I'm just asking. </div></div>

Because they said yes.... </div></div>

Ding DIng DIng!! We have a winner.

i think the only requirement to get a reality show is being a totaly false over dramatic dipshit. just like the father and son choper builders , ax men , gold rush , swamp people and Jersey Shore all rank in the same catagory

"the wildman" is entertaining
smile.gif

Thanks... Oh, and nevermind. I guess I forgot just how BAD the show really was.
smile.gif
Anyway, I will check elsewhere for this can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i think the only requirement to get a reality show is being a totaly false over dramatic dipshit. just like the father and son choper builders , ax men , gold rush , swamp people and Jersey Shore all rank in the same catagory </div></div>

Perfect synopsis.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i think the only requirement to get a reality show is being a totaly false over dramatic dipshit. just like the father and son choper builders , ax men , gold rush , <span style="font-weight: bold">swamp people </span>and Jersey Shore all rank in the same catagory </div></div>

Bite your tongue... Troy Landry is Lousiana Royalty. (Intended as humor, but I just can't bring myself to put a winky thing in my post)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i think the only requirement to get a reality show is being a totaly false over dramatic dipshit. just like the father and son choper builders , ax men , gold rush , swamp people and Jersey Shore all rank in the same catagory </div></div>

Awe come on not swamp people. While I agree it's probably no where near what real gator hunting is like (overdramatized) it's at least funny.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dead-bird</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Choot Em Lizbit.... Choot Em!!! </div></div>

Fixed it for ya.

Shit gets even better. Turns out they (dad and daughter) don't even have an FFL since 2009. Couldn't find 10 guns so they have someone else as the FFL now. I can't say I'd buy from someone that can't keep their paperwork straight.

Story

NRA American Rifleman magazine had a big layout on these bums a few months ago. They made it sound like they were the best thing that happened to firearms since John M. Browning. Total bullshit. In my opinion, the left wing liberal media wants to show the world what "Real American" gun owners look and act like. They picked people who look like fools and freaks to portray gun owners. They they blow shit up and make it look like we all do stupid shit like that. I'm sure it will be used against us all one day. Keep these shows off TV.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NRA American Rifleman magazine had a big layout on these bums a few months ago. They made it sound like they were the best thing that happened to firearms since John M. Browning. Total bullshit. In my opinion, the left wing liberal media wants to show the world what "Real American" gun owners look and act like. They picked people who look like fools and freaks to portray gun owners. They they blow shit up and make it look like we all do stupid shit like that. I'm sure it will be used against us all one day. Keep these shows off TV. </div></div>

+1,000,000,000,000

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NRA American Rifleman magazine had a big layout on these bums a few months ago. They made it sound like they were the best thing that happened to firearms since John M. Browning. Total bullshit. In my opinion, the left wing liberal media wants to show the world what "Real American" gun owners look and act like. They picked people who look like fools and freaks to portray gun owners. They they blow shit up and make it look like we all do stupid shit like that. I'm sure it will be used against us all one day. Keep these shows off TV. </div></div>

I concur!

It's one thing to have a show with a bunch of guys thrown in a house (Top Shot) with dramatization that rivals any soap opera on daytime television.

It's something totally different to watch a bunch of damned rednecks weld shit together (Sons of Guns) and act totally fuckin' stupid or rape people unmercifully with "custom" gun prices (American Guns) while flaunting your daughter and wife's titties, topped off with blowing shit up.

We don't need numbskulls like Sons of Guns or American Guns portraying gun owners in America.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nostradumbass</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NRA American Rifleman magazine had a big layout on these bums a few months ago. They made it sound like they were the best thing that happened to firearms since John M. Browning. Total bullshit. In my opinion, the left wing liberal media wants to show the world what "Real American" gun owners look and act like. They picked people who look like fools and freaks to portray gun owners. They they blow shit up and make it look like we all do stupid shit like that. I'm sure it will be used against us all one day. Keep these shows off TV. </div></div>

+1,000,000,000,000 </div></div>

X 1,000,000
I agree 100%

reality Tv = Made up BS and terrible to watch. Perfect for the average idiot who hopes to get a show of their own. Be a Hot Whore get a show, Be a loud mouth idiot get a show etc etc. The worst of the worst of the USA IMHO. They will do way more damage then good for normal gun owners. If they are not idiots the producers will make them look like one. PG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NRA American Rifleman magazine had a big layout on these bums a few months ago. They made it sound like they were the best thing that happened to firearms since John M. Browning. Total bullshit. In my opinion, the left wing liberal media wants to show the world what "Real American" gun owners look and act like. They picked people who look like fools and freaks to portray gun owners. They they blow shit up and make it look like we all do stupid shit like that. I'm sure it will be used against us all one day. Keep these shows off TV. </div></div>

I concur!

It's one thing to have a show with a bunch of guys thrown in a house (Top Shot) with dramatization that rivals any soap opera on daytime television.

It's something totally different to watch a bunch of damned rednecks weld shit together (Sons of Guns) and act totally fuckin' stupid or rape people unmercifully with "custom" gun prices (American Guns) while flaunting your daughter and wife's titties, topped off with blowing shit up.

We don't need numbskulls like Sons of Guns or American Guns portraying gun owners in America.
</div></div>

yah the prices on american guns are WAY WAY WAY off. 15k for a custom colt SAA? 19K for a mcmillian tac-50 w/ some paint and a IOR scope?

It doesn't help that everything they shoot, explodes. I am convinced that a single shot .380 can blow a car up now.

What blows my mind is the $$ figures they throw out there for their crappy cans. Not only do they look like crap, but they are expensive as hell. I'm convinced that the people who walk in and buy a $1000 AK did so just to see themselves on TV.

After some reading last night, it seems as though Will and Steph have lost their FFL over some missing guns. Vince and a few others created Red Jacket LLC and maintained the FFL. Vince has since left. This is going to make for some interesting forum banter. Time for some popcorn!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doogie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shit gets even better. Turns out they (dad and daughter) don't even have an FFL since 2009. Couldn't find 10 guns so they have someone else as the FFL now. I can't say I'd buy from someone that can't keep their paperwork straight.

Story </div></div>

You have got to be kidding me, but then again I cant say I'm surprised.

oops

then again ATF gave a bunch to the druglords with no accounting heh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doogie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shit gets even better. Turns out they (dad and daughter) don't even have an FFL since 2009. Couldn't find 10 guns so they have someone else as the FFL now. I can't say I'd buy from someone that can't keep their paperwork straight.

Story </div></div>

haha no sh*t

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Elnino31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What blows my mind is the $$ figures they throw out there for their crappy cans. Not only do they look like crap, but they are expensive as hell. I'm convinced that the people who walk in and buy a $1000 AK did so just to see themselves on TV. </div></div>

Back to the original question here....as others noted red jacket is a bunch of hollywood rather than reality. There are some good products out by others that are more reliable. One other thing here is to think about what you're doing with an AK and a suppressor before spending a lot of cash, in my opinion its not worth it. The AK has a huge gas port in the barrel and unless you can turn it off like the Yugo or Polish grenade launching AK's you'll get as much noise out of the gas system as you do out the end of the barrel. Another consideration is the extra boost the suppressor will give to the action as it operates. It will slam the carrier back pretty hard and reduce the life of the parts involved. I've repaired a couple AK's damaged in this way. For the noise reduction you get its just not worth the hassle. One other consideration is the twist rate of the rifling. If you're planning on shooting subs to keep the noise down the normal way is to shoot heavier bullets to regain some of the energy lost with the lower velocity. The twist rate may not stabilize the longer heavier bullets and you end up with baffle strikes. The case capacity of the 7.62 X 39 is pretty large for efficient subsonic use as well. It can be done, has been done but once again for the time and money involved its just not worth it to most of us.

On the other hand a suppressor on a Rem 799 or CZ527 in 7.62X39 can be great fun. I've rebarreled a couple with faster twist rates (1-7 or 1-8) and they are quiet, accurate and a hell of a lot of fun to shoot.

Hope that gives more food for thought

Frank

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">haha no sh*t

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Elnino31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What blows my mind is the $$ figures they throw out there for their crappy cans. Not only do they look like crap, but they are expensive as hell. I'm convinced that the people who walk in and buy a $1000 AK did so just to see themselves on TV. </div></div> </div></div>

Yeah, there was one episode where they built a set up of 2 or 4 M16s that worked as one for a "Navy Special Warfare Unit" (<complete bs). I guess the Navy SWCC teams weren't happy with their mini guns and .50 BMGs, etc. I think that show does damage to the shooting community, all of the "gunsmiths" seem to be a bunch of yahoos.
P.S. they need to put a paper bag over the daughters head. hehehe.

One other consideration is the twist rate of the rifling. If you're planning on shooting subs to keep the noise down the normal way is to shoot heavier bullets to regain some of the energy lost with the lower velocity. The twist rate may not stabilize the longer heavier bullets and you end up with baffle strikes. The case capacity of the 7.62 X 39 is pretty large for efficient subsonic use as well. It can be done, has been done but once again for the time and money involved its just not worth it to most of us.

On the other hand a suppressor on a Rem 799 or CZ527 in 7.62X39 can be great fun. I've rebarreled a couple with faster twist rates (1-7 or 1-8) and they are quiet, accurate and a hell of a lot of fun to shoot.

Hope that gives more food for thought

I'm 7gr Trail Boss and a 210gr gas check lead bullet, 1,000 fps.
The gun is a Ruger M77 with the barrel, which is 12 or 10 twist.

my buddy has one on a 22lr mk3, the projectile trimmed the baffle and he sent it of got it rebuilt (4 months later, because they where so busy with the 1,000's of orders don't you watch tv. as per the snagletooth, it as well baffle slapped, he sold it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frog5215</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'm 7gr Trail Boss and a 210gr gas check lead bullet, 1,000 fps.
The gun is a Ruger M77 with the barrel, which is 12 or 10 twist.
</div></div>

You are doing pretty well and with gaschecks no less. I just finished up a set of baffles and an endcap for a customer who was shooting lead with gaschecks through his 9mm can. The old saying, "them that have and them that will" comes to mind. He didn't have a lot of lead fouling in the can but the gaschecks occasionally come off and do some damage. He had a lot of hits on the baffles so it wasn't just one isolated event. Maybe he's not swaging the gaschecks properly....? Maybe he just shoots a lot. Subsonics do a lot less damage but still create issues. As stated in my previous post I know its been done but it doesn't always work. Seems your situation is working? Hope it keeps up that way......

Frank

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaKid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, there was one episode where they built a set up of 2 or 4 M16s that worked as one for a "Navy Special Warfare Unit" (<complete bs). I guess the Navy SWCC teams weren't happy with their mini guns and .50 BMGs, etc. I think that show does damage to the shooting community, all of the "gunsmiths" seem to be a bunch of yahoos.
P.S. they need to put a paper bag over the daughters head. hehehe. </div></div>

WHY did they go back down this evolutionary road that was abandoned in the 1920s?

Becuz two M-16s welded togetter wit beta mags and copper tubing left over from their still (moonshiners reality show???) twas a Game Changa!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What game have they actually changed? </div></div>

Dremel sales are up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What game have they actually changed? </div></div>

Dremel sales are up. </div></div>

Haha. Alcohol sales are too. Makes it easier to watch those "gunsmiths" and the snaggletooth, aka succubus. Goddamn lockness monster, I ain't givin you no three fiddy for your crappy cans. hehe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dead-bird</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shoot Em Lizbit.... Shoot Em!!! </div></div>

Da lokniss!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nleaders</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, I am looking for a 30 cal can to attach to my AK (soon to be SBR). I want to launch subsonic loads through this guy. </div></div>

Take a look at OSS Mission suppressors. http://oss-online.com/ They specalize in AK and the cans are all titanium. Owner is an SF 18 Bravo and good guy vs. an assclown like Will at RJF.

FWIW...

Just for grins I decided to order their suppressed shotgun. Was ordered back in March, told September-October production. Every time I called I was told it was just about to be put into production. As of today, Jan 5, I still don't have the suppressed shotgun. Now they are blaming it on the machinist but promise I'll have it soon.

So if you do go redjacket I'd advise you to be REAL specific about delivery times, and be aware that on a lot of items once you place the order they don't allow refunds (something they did not tell me when I initially placed the order back in March). So just be careful.

And once I actually receive the shotgun I still have to see if their whole 'suppressed shotgun' concept works at all.

Parker

I had a customer who ordered an SBS from them and I was supposed to be doing the transfer for him. This was last May. They called me in late Oct asking for my FFL/SOT again. I sent it. They called 4 days later and said it had been accidentally misplaced, could I resend it again? I did. Haven't heard anything and still no SBS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexasClassIII</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FWIW...

Just for grins I decided to order their suppressed shotgun. Was ordered back in March, told September-October production. Every time I called I was told it was just about to be put into production. As of today, Jan 5, I still don't have the suppressed shotgun. Now they are blaming it on the machinist but promise I'll have it soon.

So if you do go redjacket I'd advise you to be REAL specific about delivery times, and be aware that on a lot of items once you place the order they don't allow refunds (something they did not tell me when I initially placed the order back in March). So just be careful.

And once I actually receive the shotgun I still have to see if their whole 'suppressed shotgun' concept works at all.

Parker </div></div>

that my friend is why you do the deposit via credit card and then you do a dispute. not having the product almost 1 year later is definitely grounds for a chargeback.

It was on a CC for that very reason. A chargeback has always been in the back of my mind (although it's now been so lon gI'm not sure what their policy on how far back you can go to chargeback...)

Anyway, if Red Jacket doesn't get me a firm production date next week I'll probably seriously consider a chargeback, or at least let them know I'm considering it if the gun isn't delivered by X date.

Parker

I just have to say that this is one of the most entertaining forums I have read in a while. Funny shit!

Amen - Preach On.