• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Red Jacket

Re: Red Jacket

Good at what? Good at making a mockery of people who own firearms? Good at perfecting the dremel as a primary gunsmithing tool? Good at coming up with useless mods for the Saiga 12? I digress......

Ok....Seriously?

Btw please remove or reduce your image file. I love penny arcade, but the size of it is too much.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok....Seriously?

Btw please remove or reduce your image file. I love penny arcade, but the size of it is too much. </div></div>

I was just trying to reduce it when I hit post by accident

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good at what? Good at making a mockery of people who own firearms? Good at perfecting the dremel as a primary gunsmithing tool? Good at coming up with useless mods for the Saiga 12? I digress...... </div></div>

That answers my question
smile.gif

They are/were one of the top AK builders in the US. Problem is they should have stuck to doing what they were good at. I'm 110% sure the show is mostly stagged and its been great for their cash flow but the show is retarded and thats hard to get past.

Wouldnt look at anything other than an AK from them and given that I would look to Krebs or Jim Fuller (Rifle Dynamics) before ordering a RJF AK.

From what I have seen they are plenty capable of producing good work. But some of the stuff I have seen them do on the show scares the shit out of me. Also some of the comments they have made reflect a serious lack of knowledge of the industry. But they do seem to have a fairly good knowledge of firearms in general.

They are awesome! Great CS and fast turnaround and shipping. I have one of their latest offerings, dual mounted, water cooled, integoowly suppressed RPKs. I called them on a Thursday and had it delivered by supper that Sunday. They were very helpful about making sure it mounted up just right in back of my purple Tacoma. It works flawlessly if you ignore the FTF that happens about every fifth round, but I'm happy. Can't wait to get out there and shoot it again this w/e.

They are the big time wrestling of gunsmiths.

Watching bits and pieces of the show, they remind me of hobbyist blacksmiths.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Zero Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are/were one of the top AK builders in the US. Problem is they should have stuck to doing what they were good at. I'm 110% sure the show is mostly stagged and its been great for their cash flow but the show is retarded and thats hard to get past.

Wouldnt look at anything other than an AK from them and given that I would look to Krebs or Jim Fuller (Rifle Dynamics) before ordering a RJF AK. </div></div>
Lets face it if you screw up a AK you are a dumb shit. These guys screw up everything and still get away with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Zero Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are/were one of the top AK builders in the US. Problem is they should have stuck to doing what they were good at. I'm 110% sure the show is mostly stagged and its been great for their cash flow but the show is retarded and thats hard to get past.

Wouldnt look at anything other than an AK from them and given that I would look to Krebs or Jim Fuller (Rifle Dynamics) before ordering a RJF AK. </div></div>

Ok I had no idea about a show, I dont have a tv, I only pay for the internet. I told a guy on my ship I was thinking of getting the GAP-10 from GAP and he suggested I look up red jacket.
Now red jacket could make the best rifle on earth and I wouldn't buy it because they have a tv show. Apparently isnt the case. Looks like im sticking to the GAP-10

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Zero Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are/were one of the top AK builders in the US. </div></div>

Builder or modifier?

They quoted me $1800 for a can for my 9mm.

I see everyone else talking $500 or less.

Their show is like a train wreck: I know its going to be an ugly disaster but I just can't look away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jakhamr81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Their show is like a train wreck: I know its going to be an ugly disaster but I just can't look away. </div></div>
I know my wife always says if you are going to complain the whole time then don't watch it. I can't help it, have to watch it to know what to complain about
smile.gif

Here is the show (every one) if you missed it:
1- Someone wants some outlandish crap built (automatic grenade launcher, 12ga mini-gun, etc.)
2- Will accepts it for what seems to be an aggressive timeline
3- Will gives a speech on how <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">THIS</span></span> project is the "most dangerous" and/or "most difficult" Red Jacket has <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">ever</span></span> faced
4- Crap happens during development and testing
5- Will gets pissed and gives a short speech on "his word"
6- Magically they make it happen, the client is happy
7- The End.

There ya go

I tried to
Get a barrel ordered from rjf I called all the numbers I could find and could never speak to anyone that knew anything. I then was told I had to email them to get a price quote 2 weeks later I got a reply back saying they will not do anything like a barrel only the guns shown on there shows . Worst service I have ever gotten nothing like what the show is like.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: halcyon575</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is the show (every one) if you missed it:
1- Someone wants some outlandish crap built (automatic grenade launcher, 12ga mini-gun, etc.)
2- Mike accepts it for what seems to be an aggressive timeline
3- Mike gives a speech on how <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">THIS</span></span> project is the "most dangerous" and/or "most difficult" Red Jacket has <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">ever</span></span> faced
5- Mike gets pissed and gives a short speech on "his word"
7- The End.

There ya go </div></div>

This is to the T...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glock30</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Zero Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are/were one of the top AK builders in the US. Problem is they should have stuck to doing what they were good at. I'm 110% sure the show is mostly stagged and its been great for their cash flow but the show is retarded and thats hard to get past.

Ok I had no idea about a show, I dont have a tv, I only pay for the internet. I told a guy on my ship I was thinking of getting the GAP-10 from GAP and he suggested I look up red jacket.
Now red jacket could make the best rifle on earth and I wouldn't buy it because they have a tv show. Apparently isnt the case. Looks like im sticking to the GAP-10 </div></div>

Please don't take marital or financial advise from this friend...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HORNdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: halcyon575</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is the show (every one) if you missed it:
2- Mike accepts it for what seems to be an aggressive timeline
3- Mike gives a speech on how <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">THIS</span></span> project is the "most dangerous" and/or "most difficult" Red Jacket has <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">ever</span></span> faced
5- Mike gets pissed and gives a short speech on "his word"
7- The End.

There ya go </div></div>

This is to the T...
</div></div>

Im so effing glad I dont watch TV

I just noticed that I spelled these wrong im the initial post. I wicked smrrt

WOOOOOO I took REXX WADE's post cherry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for making my thread you first post and welcome!!

I have only been on here a few days and I love it. My head feels like its gonna explode from info overload but thats ok.

Bubba gone wrong! Love to hate the show as well.

The girl could probably do with a more natural shade of eye shadow than blue. The only thing that I know of that blue eye shadow is a peacock.

Red Jackoff doesnt make (duct tape and bailing wire in thier case) anything like the GAP-10. They do mostly AK's and Saiga-12's and from what I've seen arent very impressive at that.

For AK's and Saiga-12's go to Bravo18 or Krebbs, etc...

As far as the GAP-10, its an outstanding weapon from a top notch company. You wont go wrong with that choice.

As far as TV goes, my business partner is a Navy Commander. He recommends the Sling technology, where you can have any show on you cable or dish service, or on your DVR back on shore sent to your smart phone, I-Pad etc. That way you can watch Red jackoff make fools of themselves and everyone in the gun industry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cal50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are the big time wrestling of gunsmiths. </div></div>

I would agree with this 100%. Though calling them "Gunsmiths" is an insult to actual gunsmiths.

Maybe "hobbyists with dremals" would be a better term... lol

They aren't doing anything you couldn't do yourself w/ a dremel tool.
grin.gif

IMHO there are far better builders and manufacturers out there to choose from.

They are the reason that new gun laws will be made. I cant wait for the first jackass to make the news with "I saw it on Sons of Guns" as his defense. Kind of rates up there with "just cause you can, dont mean you should", and despite the "dont do this at home" warning, you know that will escape someone.

rjf are true professionals, their dremel wizardry is top notch and far superior to anything flounder churns out hees prison purse. gap is over rated but that red jacket hottness can tune my flektard kryloned sks sniper rig any day or night.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glock30</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Zero Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are/were one of the top AK builders in the US. Problem is they should have stuck to doing what they were good at. I'm 110% sure the show is mostly stagged and its been great for their cash flow but the show is retarded and thats hard to get past.

Now red jacket could make the best rifle on earth and I wouldn't buy it because they have a tv show. Apparently isnt the case. Looks like im sticking to the GAP-10 </div></div>

Please don't take marital or financial advise from this friend... </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Zero Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are/were one of the top AK builders in the US. </div></div>

Builder or modifier?

<span style="color: #FF0000">They quoted me $1800 for a can for my 9mm.</span>

I see everyone else talking $500 or less. </div></div>

WHAT!?!

First of all, why would you even consider going to these clowns? They are making all responsible gun owners and Class 3 enthusiasts look like idiots.

And secondly, they should be locked up for negligent charges! $1800 is nearly double what most reputable companies charges for a 9mm can. That is absurd.

I called these clowns and asked them if they could be me a suppresor for my 12ga tactical shotgun. One answer..NO. We aren't accepting any new projects. Apparently they are too busy going after the big money projects like putting together cannons from the civil war.

Don't think I would buy any of their gear...the smiths in the shop just dont look like they put together true mil-spec work. They just make the weapon fires...and misfires seem to be acceptable.

Funny show...everyone in the shop is trying not to look at the oweners daughter. Hilarious.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twisted .308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But then again ...if this type of weapon is what cranks your cookies and you are comfortable with this clowns work ?

284650_188660964532129_129541613777398_550010_8117589_n.jpg
</div></div>

Please tell me that this ASS CLOWN is from red jacket and that red jacket made that fucked up science project failure that looks to have a set of Huffy handle bars on it ....... Please please say its true so I can go bitch slap my friend

its like a soap opera with guns... kinda like on the same caliber as american chopper and OCC is to bikes...

bunch of hacks...

but i would TAP the daughter with a quickness...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twisted .308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But then again ...if this type of weapon is what cranks your cookies and you are comfortable with this clowns work ?

284650_188660964532129_129541613777398_550010_8117589_n.jpg
</div></div>

Mike-The-Situation-Sorrentino-LAX-Vegas-08_prphotos.jpg

5727927189_douche_bag1_xlarge.jpeg

You know what I'm gonna love? When someone from Red Jacket googles themselves and THIS thread pops up. That is gonna be hilarious.

That being said, my brother (big AK/Russian gun fan) was researching for his SBR AK and said he called Red Jacket. My brother said he talked to Mike and that Mike was very helpful in giving him directions on registration, tax stamp, process, etc.

Well I finally looked up red jacket and it led me to "sons of guns" and let me just say
<span style="font-size: 17pt">FAIL !!!</span>

But I do believe that his daughter could orally remove the chrome from the silencer

711pw5.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: halcyon575</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know what I'm gonna love? When someone from Red Jacket googles themselves and THIS thread pops up. That is gonna be hilarious.</div></div>

Just in case: Hey, Red Jacket: <span style="font-weight: bold">STOP IT! NO!! BAD! STOP IT!!!!!!1111one1!!!</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glock30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But I do believe that his daughter could orally remove the chrome from the silencer

711pw5.jpg
</div></div>

Yeah, give me some of that!

Sons-Of-Guns-Stephanie-Hayden-Derp.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Megacab</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glock30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thease guys any good? </div></div>

HERE YA GO

</div></div>

Winner!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SteelShot11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
the smiths in the shop just dont look like they put together true mil-spec work. They just make the weapon fires</div></div>

You mean the Smith... There's only one real gunsmith in their shop is my understanding...

I watched the first season just recently because I simples across it on netflix. The guys who are saying its a soap opera are spot on. It literally feels like that if it weren't for the guns it would be right up my wifes alley.
Steph is hot but has a messed up mouth. I mean come on as much the money as the show makes they should be able to get her a dental makeover.
I will continue watching though cuz it its decent entertainment, its like Nascar, you have to watch for the wreck, and I can't wait!