• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision Red laser in line with your scope??

Dead Down Wind

Private
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2011
Let's say you have your scope sighted in at 100 yards, and you then add a decent red laser to hit the same spot on paper at 100 yards and less?? Its this possible??

Thank you!

Kevin

Re: Red laser in line with your scope??

If you sight both in at the same distance that should be very accurate. As you get closer though, you will notice that the POI will can from the POA with the scope and laser.

Trevor B.

Trevor,

Would you recommend sighting both in at a closer distance then?

Most shots will be 100 yards or less at night.

Thanks!

Kevin

I do that all the time with IR Laser & NV . but you with a visible Laser, it's the same thing .
Looking threw your day-scope & putting your Visible Laser ( co-witness ) @ 100 yrd. Zero . I Don't even worry that much about the POI shift when moving to closer Ranges . & I Pop coyotes ALL the time that way . & Mounting on the Side or Top of the Handguard . Doesn't matter either .

@ the WORST, Deviation of Impact can Not be more than the mounted laser Dot & the Distance it is mounted from your Rifles Bore when shooting Closer ranges .

SC,

So you are saying i would be ok to mount a Red Laser on my rifle as close to the scope/in line with the tube and if i sight it in at 100 yards it should be good to go with my rifle scope crosshairs?

Any suggestions on a Red Laser with a picatinny mount along with windage and elevation adjustments??

Ya man . ( co-witness ) & if you eyeball thew any mounted rifle optic & put laser laser on the POI of Optic on the Yardage of your choice . Your Impact point of both is same .
( Co-Witness ) . & it same as you would do seting-up your Irons with your Reflex when looking down the sight plane on your AR .

So you are saying your wanted in your original Post, to chose 100 yrd as your Range & work your laser on the inside yardages . Your GTG with just dropping the Dot & hitting the target .
Your not shooting Bench Rest . That's not what this is about .
But the most your C0-witness will be off will be the distance between the Rifle Bore & the Laser mounted on your Handgurd what ever sight-plane you choose .

You co-witness both @ 100 yrd. . deviation It will be off 0-zero @ 100 yrd.
& then as you move closer in shooting yardage & target range shortens . your 100-yrd. co-witness POI will grow & then finally get to the laser & rifle Bore separation distance .

Anyway in the end . You just got to go with it & trust your gear . Set it up & try it out . It will work .

Lasermax Uni-Max or Uni-Green...have had them both, love them both and the Uni-Green makes appearances on the G34 and my AR, depending on the situation. Haven't gotten to test it on a running coyote yet, but I'm betting that it will be almost to easy.

I have ran it directly in front of my scope on the top rail and even though it would seem like it would be in the way, it wasn't visible at all.
OR you can run it below the rifle on the bottom rail, either way...just remember that if you put it on the top, your windage and elevation directions will be backwards since it was designed to be on the bottom. I put it on the top because I had the bipod on the bottom.

You can get one with a 6" or 10" pressure switch, but I've found it to be way easier to just flip it "on" when you need it and turn it off when you don't. Had the 10" cord for almost 2 years and never used it once, nor did I feel the need to.

Great information guys!!

Thank you and i will put your expertise too work this weekend!

Happy Hunting/Shooting;-)