• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Red neck aac 51T mount fix????

Joshua1:9b

Private
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2020
I have an a AAC SDN-6. And yes, the mounting system is not the best.

I know that ECCO makes adapters to change this to a hub mount system. To convert it over and add a direct threat mount is going to cost me roughly 300 bucks with shipping and taxes.

Question is, can I just tighten the 51T mount in to the suppressor and then weld it solid to make it a direct, thread. Any adverse effects anyone can think of.

And if so, would it matter if I used the muzzle brake mount and it was not timed correctly inside the supressor. as it would be welded in the suppressor.

I know it’s a cheap way to get around it but money dont grow on trees.
2F977124-7945-4F50-B9BE-54C0E1623C43.jpeg

Well, other than the fact that you will be stuck to only being able to run it on either 1/2-28 or 5/8-24 guns, and not being able to swap it between them, I’d recommend just eat bologna and ramen for a month, and spend the $300 and let a pro (ECCO or AAC) convert it to HUB.

I had some success by ceracoating the flash hider to build up the area just in front of the teeth. Just a little thickness here made the can lock up tightly on the flash hider. But the best route is ECCO and do not look back.

Reactions: Joshua1:9b
762SDN6 owner here.

I went the ECCO route. They did great work. This was before AAC announced you’d essentially get a new can if you do it through them. If I had to do it all over, I’d go that route just to have a “new” magnum rated can.

I have read of guys buffing the teeth a bit to get "one more tooth" and solid lock up. You can also look for another adapter or two - sometimes a different one locks up good.

I would not weld it.

3 tacks 120* apart would be sufficient to hold it.

I have a 726SD which ECCO converted to HUB mount for me.

IMHO well worth saving up to have it serviced.

Keep in mind you call sell your 51T mount to help recover some money.

I would not weld it.

3 tacks 120* apart would be sufficient to hold it.

I have a 726SD which ECCO converted to HUB mount for me.

IMHO well worth saving up to have it serviced.

Keep in mind you call sell your 51T mount to help recover some money.
Good point

Well, other than the fact that you will be stuck to only being able to run it on either 1/2-28 or 5/8-24 guns, and not being able to swap it between them, I’d recommend just eat bologna and ramen for a month, and spend the $300 and let a pro (ECCO or AAC) convert it to HUB.
AAC does it ??? Cost ???

762SDN6 owner here.

I went the ECCO route. They did great work. This was before AAC announced you’d essentially get a new can if you do it through them. If I had to do it all over, I’d go that route just to have a “new” magnum rated can.
I have never heard of this. Tell me more.

AAC will upgrade it

AAC does it ??? Cost ???
They’ll rebuild the whole can, keeping just the serialized portion of the tube (so you don’t have to get a new stamp), and you’ll have a brand new can, with a lighter weight, Magnum rating , HUB threads, and will get their lifetime warranty.

I have never heard of this. Tell me more.

AAC will upgrade it

I believe this is it.
I’d just save up and go this route. Absolutely nothing wrong with ECCO, but getting a magnum can rating with a smaller lighter can is the way to go for turning that paperweight into something you want to grab.

I went with the aac upgrade. But before that I just found 1 mount that fit perfect and treated the can like a direct threat.

I believe this is it.
I’d just save up and go this route. Absolutely nothing wrong with ECCO, but getting a magnum can rating with a smaller lighter can is the way to go for turning that paperweight into something you want to grab.
Nick could do a baffle stack swap too. He machines his from 17-4 SS, on most occasions. As well as welds the stack.

Personally, if I were in this predicament, I would send it to ECCO for mount conversion, AND recore. I know AAC has been around, but I'm the kind of guy that supports small business and local business, if given the opportunity. I have also had conversations with ECCO regarding all sorts of things suppressor, and he's never afraid to share an opinion or reccomendation. Solid dude and family man.

My first suppressor purchase was an AAC SCAR-h, and I was fortunate to find a Class III SOT who wanted it for his FN SCAR-H. Traded him straight across for a SF SOCOM762-RC, which is far from being my favorite can, but is so much better than that AAC POS that I've never regretted the trade...

My first suppressor purchase was an AAC SCAR-h, and I was fortunate to find a Class III SOT who wanted it for his FN SCAR-H. Traded him straight across for a SF SOCOM762-RC, which is far from being my favorite can, but is so much better than that AAC POS that I've never regretted the trade...
Yeah, Kevin really isn’t the “genius of his time” that his narcissism & ego tells him that he is. His shitty (relatively unimpressive DB reduction for the price) AAC, Sig, and Q suppressor designs prove that. I’m not a big SF can fan either, for the same reasons, plus the weight of them, but they are tough, and better than the AAC, Sig, and Q hot garbage.

Reactions: AMGtuned