• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Red tac bean bags

-paradox-

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2013
Any of you guys use them? I just got mine from triad and it almost seems too tall to use in the prone position. I haven't shot it yet but it looks like the barrel isn't high enough to shoot a taller target. Your thoughts/ experience?

Red Tac makes 3 types of bean bags: Standard Bean Bag, 1/2 Pint, or Tactical Pillow. He makes 3 sizes for different situations, meaning if one is too tall/large or too small/short order a different one. So which Red Tac one you talking about Willis??

I have and use 3 different size/style bags. One size does not fit all situations.

The one I have is the standard I believe. It's not the half pint or pillow.

I use the 1/2 pint and I really like it. The bag is not packed full so I can squeeze it if need be, or wiggle the filling to the sides if I want a touch lower.

I shoot with a standard in almost any position you can think of. Turn it flat and it will be fine. You may have to use it just a little to limber it up some

I had to laugh today...I've been looking for a small bag...just happend to look in my drawer and noticed a spare Oakley sunglasses bag, the black microfiber kind...filled it with dry rice, zip tied it shut and wa la! Small sqeeze bag!