• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Redding Big Boss ii vs Lee Classic Cast

RSAshooter

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
I read umpteen review and opinions on these presses before purchasing and after needing, no wanting to change my second press (old redding 7-1) out for something new and more stout thought I'd go for something different and less costly than my Big Boss.

So I figured I'd share my observations having both on the bench. I must note that the Lee hasn't done any work yet but IMO one can immediately notice some major differences. The Lee is solid, no doubt. No movement where there shouldn't be. Pretty darn equal BUT the difference in feel and smoothness is day and night. The Redding is slick, smooth, well thought out (angled opening) and refined in comparison. The Lee feels like a new motor that needs to be broken in in the movement of the ram. I like it don't get me wrong, I don't regret the choice but I even more so now don't regret choosing the Redding as my first press purchase

Hope this helps someone else in there decision making process down the line

Attachments

• 20180502_235708.jpg
    20180502_235708.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 20180502_235715.jpg
    20180502_235715.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 95
Love my Big Boss but wish it had a better primer catcher like on my CoAx.

Reactions: KZP