• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Redding bushing size, .260 Rem w/ Lapua brass.

RRW

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2013
Alberta.,Canada
Can anybody help with the bushing size for a Redding Type S Match FL die in .260 using Lapua brass. I will be using 140 AMAX and 142 SMK if that makes a difference. Its for a bolt gun, AI/AE MK II so looking for .002 neck tension. I have not reloaded yet for this round yet so I don't have anything to measure to determine bushing size. Thanks.

I have a large set of bushings for my 260 Rem. One thing to consider is what the neck of the fired round measures. The advice I've read is to bring the neck down in no bigger than 5 thou steps. When I look at my notes I see I have used a .293 bushing followed by a .288 bushing with some Nosler brass. Also I see a set of brass that had .298 necks which I then processed with .293 then .287 bushings.

At present I am just using a std Forster full length resize die, but no doubt I will come back to the Redding 'S' type bushing die again.

Regards

JCS

At present I am just using a std Forster full length resize die, ..

JCS

The stock Forster FL 260 die has a .284" I.D. neck.
I would send that back to the Forster Hardinge collet lathe, and get that neck opened up.
I have sent them a half dozen Bonanza and Forster sizer dies at once.

The stock Forster FL 260 die has a .284" I.D. neck.
I would send that back to the Forster Hardinge collet lathe, and get that neck opened up.
I have sent them a half dozen Bonanza and Forster sizer dies at once.

Clark.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've thought about that a few times, however since getting a custom die for my 243 Ackley, I think a custom die is the next step for my 260 Rem. I've used the Forster die all summer with the Nosler brass and I've been pleased with the results.

I've sized a couple of cases without the expander ball and your number is spot on.

Regards

JCS

Last edited:
I use a .293 with a 6.5x55 and Lapua brass. Put's me at .002" under a loaded round and .005" under fired brass.

L