• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Redding Compeition dies and Flatlines

christopher.dow

I can use measuring things
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2017
San Francisco, CA
Hey Frank,

Just one thing on Redding dies and Flatlines. While I never had a deformed tip (insert mohel joke here), I did have to switch the VLD seating stem in my Redding Competition dies to not get a ring crimped in to them when seating. I only had this problem with the 30 caliber bullets (308 & 300NM), though. No ring on the 6.5s with the regular stem. I did switch the 6.5 ones to the VLD stem for the Nosler RDFs.

C

Last edited:
Hey Frank,

Just one thing on Redding dies and Flatlines. While I never had a deformed tip (insert mohel joke here), I did have to switch the VLD seating stem in my Redding Competition dies to not get a ring crimped in to them when seating. I only had this problem with the 30 caliber bullets (308 & 300NM), though. No ring on the 6.5s with the regular stem. I did switch the 6.5 ones to the VLD stem for the Nosler RDFs.

C

New to reloading the 6.5CM....I have some Redding comp dies currently on order as well as some Nosler RDF and Hornady ELDm 140 gr. Do you recommend changing the stem in my die or will be good to go?

I would definitely use the VLD stems for Nosler RDFs, because the normal stem really buggered up the ogive near the meplat. I’ve loaded 140 ELD-Ms and not needed them. What I don’t know is if the VLD stem will bugger up the ELD-Ms.