• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

redding competition neck die set up help

Will86

Private
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2018
I am new to reloading and am in the process of setting up my dies (i purchased a redding competition die set), can some one give me advice on how to properly set the neck die? i have the bushing installed and have the die screwed down for a slight cam over, i do not understand the point of the micrometer on this die though? any instruction or tips are appreciated. thank you

Hate to say it but you wasted a lot of money. I’d return it if you can and get a set with a type S full length die if you must a stick with Redding. Neck sizing is a mistake, especially for a new loader.

no need to cam over that die, touching is fine. The micrometer controls how much neck is sized. Most here who mag feed and or shoot large cartridges want all of the neck sized generally.